8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yep I am still here. I imagine this forum will close up soon too. I was a member of JDMRides.ca but unfortunately it has shutdown now.

It's sad to see the sites disappear since they hold a lot of information. Just need the involvement again

·
Registered
43 Posts
The great PW hack and reset a few years ago killed a lot of people off. Some of us came back only to be berated and derided for "you just joined" and "ugh, this guy with 10 posts" type of replies. Yeah dude, sorry I joined like 12 years ago with my college email so I can't reset my PW there anymore! heh.

But yes, the forum decline is terrible and widespread. Everyone migrated to FB groups and IG, both places of uninformed and unhelpful nut riders.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
@Steve- amazing you still have that after 11yrs! How many miles on it? Still love driving it? I’ve been in a few different vehicles since my FG2 but I can still hear the FA5 calling, lol. Found one with 105k miles for $9k but seems pretty clean.. think that’s too many miles to get into?

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
Who said anything about the forum shutting down?? Steve, is that a possibility? It would be ashame as there is TONS of information here.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I still thoroughly enjoy my FG2. It has done nothing but continue to be reliable and fun to drive. I've owned it 8 years now it's needed nothing major. Oil changes, transmission fluid and tires. I have just recently needed rear brakes.

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
Well, nobody said it would happen, but did refer to a site that has shut down. I would think that 8thcivic is "too big and broad" to shut down. The site "JDMRides.ca" appeared to be small and specialized (I could be wrong, I'm judging on the URL name). I can see the fear of this happening due to the small amount of traffic (compared to years past).

Back in 2000 when I lived in Lima, Peru, I bought a CRV. I joined "hondasuv.com" forum. I think I had something like 20 posts, but haven't used it in years. Anyway, I found them again after years and found out that I was banned due to inactivity. Laughable.

I still have my 07 R18 and love it. She has 257,000K on the clock and still looks very good. Still have mods planned for it, so no plans on getting rid of it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hello :) I still use this, I pop on about once a month. I'll never sell my r18, it's my first car. I hope this forum doesn't close down, I still benefit from all the info on here and don't mind sharing knowledge that I've acquired.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I recently had my A/C compressor lock up and I remembered that I had posted the short serpentine belt replacement. Google brought me back to my own post even though my picture of the replacement belt was deleted.

<cue James Hetfield from Metallica> "Are you still alive?!?!"

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
21 Participants
Melaz
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing