8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone knows if the TSX has the same mounting points for front and rear calipers as the Civic Si does. I want a 4 wheel brake upgrade and Stoptech has a complete kit for the TSX. From what I can tell the, the factory part numbers look very close between the 2. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The diameter is the same, but the offset may be different. Additionally, I believe there is a possibility the front rotor may be thicker; we need 25mm rotors, while the TL uses a 28mm rotor thickness. The TSX?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would the rotor thickness matter if using the caliper made for the rotor. Example: TSX caliper and rotor?
I have seen the RL thread but that looks like it will be just a front kit also.
I talked with Stoptech today and they said they are only going to do a front kit for 06-07 Si and should be 3-4 months out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
mwinters601 said:
Would the rotor thickness matter if using the caliper made for the rotor. Example: TSX caliper and rotor?
I talked with Stoptech today and they said they are only going to do a front kit for 06-07 Si and should be 3-4 months out.
well by all means lets wait and see what happens in the future ;)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
mwinters601 said:
That wouldn't matter for just those two pieces, but good luck if you expect such an undetermined combo to bolt up to the mounting brackets and not have clearance and offset issues at the hub.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perfect, so if I ordered the Stoptech BBK for the RSX Type S it will work? Is there any difference in model years?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
mwinters601 said:
As far as the heat shield goes, in the RSX instructions from Stoptech they take it off. What do you think? Here is the link to the instructions.
http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/bbk_manuals.shtml
It won't hurt anything not to have it on, except that I would look at how close the ball joints are to the brake rotor. Folks who raced their Integras in NASA and SCCA events often blew these out after the rubber boot got toasted from the heat generated by the rotors when they pulled the splash/heat shields. Some folks cut theirs so that only the bottom half was left to protect from radiant heat.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cutting the shield sounds like a better way to go. I have 2 more track events to do this year and I think I am going to order the Stoptech kit for the RSX. If any has put the RSX kit on a 06-07 sedan, please let me know how it went.
Thanks for your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts