8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright my friend locally wants to sell me a Kenwood KFC-3011 12" Sub, an Alpine MRP-M450 amp, and a box (don't know what kind) for $180.. Is this a good deal? Are they a good combo and will they hit hard? Am i getting ripped of? Is there something better I can get around for this price?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I certainly wouln't say it is going to "hit hard", but then again I guess it depends on what you are used to. (It should defiitely "hit harder" than the factory radio... ;))

At any rate,

The woofer can be had new for $30-$50. The amp (if you can find it, its out of production) generally goes for around $150. Which means that you are more or less getting the enclosure for free, but paying full price for the other used stuff. I guess it comes down to how much the enclosure is worth to you, the condition of the items, and whether or not you feel like rolling the dice on used equipment off of ebay or wherever.

Personally, I would wait and save up a bit more money for some higher end gear. But this combo will work and make sound if thats all you are looking for.

Hans

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I agree with HsOffRoad to save up a bit! What would your budget be?

For subs, check out Type R's or Premiers as they are priced decent and perform very well.

For amps, check out the good, the bad and the ugly list:
Good/Bad Amp List

Are you looking for "a lot" of bass? SPL, SQL or SQ?
I have 7 subs kicking around and they all fit in one of those categories and seeing as how the U.S. dollar is smoking the CDN dollar right now it would be pretty cheap I imagine.
(not sure if this is against the rules or not, just can't toss anything up in the FS thread yet......)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.