8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
are these fast, can it beat an si, picture uploaded

a new neighbor just moved in, i see this
with a big fart can on the back. i have never raced one, i have intake and catback. i didnt want to look supersuspiciouse

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
no those things arnt fast...

2.0L DOHC 16-Valve 4 cylinder Engine (MP3: 140HP/142lb-ft)

Curb Weight,lb.(Federal spec) M/T 2725

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
With some work those things can be pretty damn quick, don't even bother with racing him until you find out what all he has done. Hell, if nothing else you have a nice way to meet your new neighbor. Just go over and ask him what all he has done to his car while saying that you've "always liked those, they look really nice."

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
The Mp3 is not fast stock, maybe 16 sec 1/4 mile. I used to own a Mazdaspeed
Protege, and stock it felt a bit quicker than my Si. But after a few mods, I was in the mid 13's. Oh yeh, these were bolt-ons by the way:thumb:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah its a good conversation starter to meet the new neighbor.

i found out about it this morning when i woke up, my mom was like isnt that blue car out there like your friends (he owns a fast as hell wrx), she was like its even louder than your car and faster, so i was like wtf. i take a look at it was this mazda. ive seen em but never looked into em. i mean it dont look like a bad car

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
hondasi006 said:
yeah its a good conversation starter to meet the new neighbor.

i found out about it this morning when i woke up, my mom was like isnt that blue car out there like your friends (he owns a fast as hell wrx), she was like its even louder than your car and faster, so i was like wtf. i take a look at it was this mazda. ive seen em but never looked into em. i mean it dont look like a bad car
I miss my Mazda, the build was a heck of alot better than my Si.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^ the only mazda ive ever been in was a 07 mazda tribute, and it was a piece.....

it was a rental car but it was brand new so there was nothing wrong with it. i dont know maybe it was a base model but the interior was garbage. even the steering wheel was like 100% all one piece, like a solid plastic steering wheel.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
hondasi006 said:
has anyone ever actually raced one
I've never raced one, but I bumped into a guy that owned one and it turned out the guy I was hanging out with knew him. After a while we got around to talking about the car and he was pretty quick. Stock turbo, FMIC, boost controller, 3 " exhaust, etc.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It came with a factory kenwood mp3 player and sub. I think it was one of the first cars with mp3 capability. My friend had one and recently sold it.

Not fast at all...140hp at the crank i think but dam fast in the twisties. The car comes withTokico struts and stiff springs....Large sway bars and comes with sticky rubber. It really did handle like a go kart.

They were 2001-2002 models i believe then came the boost in 03 for the mazdspeed.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rickhilbert said:
An mp3 or Mazdaspeed Protege? As I said before, my Mazdaspeed Protege was a bit faster than my Si (stock for stock). FI FTW
i want to say its just an mp3, i didnt see anything saying mazda speed on it. like the si and r18 what seperates the mazda speed and mp3 apart, (decals, spoiler, rims)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts