8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't really sure where to put this since I'm referring to all kinds of mods not just appearance ones.

The only mod I really regret getting so far are my AVS window visors. Over time the 3M tape has gotten loose from the visors so they wiggle like crazy. I decided to tear the 35$ things off. Removing the 3M tape was frustrating as hell even with 3M adhesive remover. I ended up damaging the the plastic surface where the 3M tape attaches to the window frame.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to replace that part of the window? I tried looking on hondapartsdeals.com but I couldn't find anything.

Anyway, post up your mods you regret wasting money on!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Interior Illumination lights from Pep Boys. They don't really illuminate, they kind of focus the light in the led to one place. Oh well, I'll find some other use for them.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
as of right now its been some cheap visors, went to try and install them on my car and they were horrible! thank goodness i just measured it up and never tried to actually put it on my car. sending it back to the seller and waiting to get my money refunded.. once i get it i will order the BE Mugen visors.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Street glow multi color led underbody kit... liked it at first but now regret it..$175 gone. They also scraped the ground countless times after I got my car dropped so I cant sell them. What a waste....

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My short shifter is probably responsible for 90% of the grinds/scratches I've had shifting on my car.

I'm still happy with my purchase though.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
My Magnaflow muffler. Sweet sound, but between 3100-3700rpm the drone is killer. This is where my rpms live on the highway. eeep.

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
sunroof visor was my worst purchase, it is just collecting dust somewhere or another.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Didnt purchase anything... but my semi-cleared headlights' I enjoyed it for a while, but now that I have the HFP kit, i think it would look better with the amber inserts back in. i just dont have the time to go through he process right now. Im also saving up to get a retro done... so ill probably get the insert back in with that.

Also wasted money on my K&N SRI, when I bought it i didnt know sh-t about engines or what gains it has etc etc. for no gains @ all, it was a waste of $200.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
my jdm emblems. i miss the oem look.
and trying to take them off made a small crack in the lenses... now im stuck with it!!

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
olieebur said:
my jdm emblems. i miss the oem look.
and trying to take them off made a small crack in the lenses... now im stuck with it!!
I would do JDM emblems, but I dont like thow they look on ASM. if there were black JDM ones, id think about it. But yea, things like that get old after a while.... just like my semi-cleared headlights.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
yeah i feel ya.. after getting a bunch of mods, youre car starts to look different. and then later you start to miss how your car was once stock. at least thats how i feel. heh

1 - 20 of 400 Posts