8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if the gains i will get from buying a stage 2 stage 3 or stage 4 clutch are worth the price of them.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Yes, if you are having clutch issues...LOL

But, if you have the need for a "better than OEM" clutch, the gains will be well worth the price.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
I dunno what you think you're going to gain, but really you just get better grabbing compared to a stock clutch.

You don't gain horsepower.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I want to know if the gains i will get from buying a stage 2 stage 3 or stage 4 clutch are worth the price of them.
once you can't shift fast at high rpm and it gets hard to shift in high RPM, then you'll know the limitations of the oem clutch. It is a weak one.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My stock clutch on my 06 si started to slip when I was in 6.th gear any suggestions. Also I someone mentioned the hydraulics on the clutch needed tobe adjusted please let ne know

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The clutch is not the cause of hard shifting at high rpms. It's the hydraulic system that needs to be adjusted.
most likely it is the clutch that is worn out....i had a ITR with hard shifting at high RPM, sometimes it won't even go in. Got a brand new OEM clutch and put it in and it shifted fast again. adjusting only cures the grinding issue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts