8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on motor mounts for me...My GG FA1 Civic was involved in a Right side impact accident recently
I noticed that after my accident, there was a notable vibration and rumbling sound from the engine. The body shop called me to verify that it was a Right Upper motor mount that had been broken. BUT, they said it wasnt due to my accident. I know for a fact that these mounts are designed to last the lifetime of our motors, so I now need to prove otherwise.

My question is would it be better to just get the motor mounts doneto prevent further damage??? and how much are they???

·
Registered
345 Posts
not expensive, each mount is different, but your looking at ~80 per mount. nd probably not all your mounts are damaged

·
Registered
877 Posts
Barricade - I'm sorry to say that one of your facts is wrong....the mounts are designed to last a lifetime, sure, but it is not uncommon to break a motor mount on a stock car. And this applies to many different manufacturers.

That being said, the stock motor mounts are inexpensive and quality parts, and for the most part are very easy to replace. I wouldn't personally go aftermarket in this area.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Unless you are doing heavy mods to your car, stock mounts are fine and are far more comfy than stiffer aftermarket ones.

As far as price if its the actual mount its 148.54 from majestic honda... if its the torque rod which is probably what they are referring to thats 35.48 and very easy to install. This is versus the 399 or so for the innovative kit or whatever the boombas run.. 250ish?

Sorry about your luck man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts