8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, would appreciate some feedback here. I have a 08 Si sedan and I am thinking about installing the factory foglight kit but was wondering if it was really worth the trouble. To install these it looks like a big hassle with having to remove the front bumper and cut out the openings. I was just wonder if the additional lighting you get out of this is worth the expense and trouble. I know they look cool and I don't debate that, just would like to know from people that have them if they think it was worth doing. The low beams on the civic are nothing to brag about and I thought these might help with night vision. Honest opinons please. Thanks for your response in advance.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
^^

I agree. That is pretty much the main reason why i got them.

But they crack so easily tho!!!~

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
just aesthetics... I'd rather small rocks and debris hit a plastic front bumper than cracking glass on foglights that serve no purpose...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
my cars MUST have foglights...had them on every car i owned and if they didnt come with them i put OEM ones in....lol

i love just cruising with just them on during the evening before it gets totally dark

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Here in FL, there can be some nights where you can't even see 10 feet in front of you on some roads because the fog is so thick.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
If it is really foggy and dark my fog lights help me see the line on the side of the road if I need to look away form oncoming traffic.:woot: For a second.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yeah, they're really just for looks. They light up the side of the road better, but they don't do much to light up the road in front of you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Both mine are smashed to pieces in a matter of 2 weeks. I'm not decided yet whether or not i will replace them.
That's the problem also with putting these on the 06-08 sedans is you have to butcher the bumper all up. If you don't want to replace broken lights, what do you do becuase you now have two big gapping holes in your bumper cover. It almost seems stupid that Honda would put out a factory foglight kit that makes you have to cut your bumper all apart like this. Either make a spot in the bumper for the lights originally like the coupes, or don't offer them at all. Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts