8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I am trying to establish if coupe and sedan hoods are interchangeable. I know alot of people would immediately say No, but I am looking for an answer from someone who knows FOR SURE, from someone who has maybe tried it out, or someone who has some insider info. I mean obviously there are different part numbers for hoods and whatnot so it would seem like they are not interchangeable, but like I said, I want to know for SURE. So if you are just going to answer what you think instead of what you know, please refrain.

Essentially I'm looking to put a Seibon MG Style hood on my Sedan. But it is made for the coupe.

Thanks in advance :dance:

·
Registered
618 Posts
There are NO interchangeable body panels between the coupe and the sedan...
If you go to collegehillshonda.com or another parts website, you can compare part numbers...There are lots of us who have already tried this.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I realize the part numbers are different, that I stated in the OP. But does that mean they don't fit each other?

Honestly they look the same to me. They both follow the same body lines, and cut off at the same place on the headlights.

Everything posted so far appears to be speculation, I'm still looking for something conclusive.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Everyone is tellin you that they aren't the same, but since you obviously don't believe us, buy one and find out for yourself. There's no better way to find out than spending a few hundred bucks on a part you can't use. Do you think anyone will step up and say something like, "I was an idiot and got a part for a different car and was shocked to find that it didn't fit"? They're a different part number for a reason. That alone should be proof enough for you. (Granted, some parts are interchangeable despite having different part numbers, but this isn't one of them) Trust us, it won't fit.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's not that I don't believe anyone when they tell me that it doesn't fit. It's just that no one who has responded so far knows for sure. And that's all I am looking for, someone who knows for sure. Obviously I am not going to shell out the cash for the part to find out it doesn't work.

To those few of you who have posted useful responses, thank you.

I have also heard they are interchangeable, and I have heard they are not. So still this topic is open until someone can give me a concrete response.

Anyone know for sure? Anyone have experience with the sizes?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
like all the others said, its too big of a gamble to take.....if they infact are interchangable, than y should it matter? everyone will play the sure card and get "their model" hood. if all the hoods were the same, how come manufacturers of aftermarket hoods sell them as "coupe" and "sedan?" Y not just "06+ civic? w/o body type?" good luck tho, and let us know how it turns out ;)

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah that's the same thing I was thinking, if there are different part numbers it does imply they won't fit eachother, and yeah, why would the companies make different hoods for the coupes and sedans. But ya know, i wanted to be damn sure.

So I just did a faux test fit with a member in my city who has the hood I was looking to buy. It does appear that the coupe hoods are about 1/2 - 1" wider at the front than the sedan hoods, and I believe a bit shorter as well. So unfortunately they are not interchangeable, this I am sure of now. Hopefully this info is of use to people wondering about it in the future.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.