8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one know, would the ARC Super Induction Box DC5 kit fit an 8th gen Si?
heres a photo of one in a DC5:

are there any other ARC products that would fit an 8th gen? im kind of partial to their stuff. also, does anyone know the ARC website, ive done a few google searches and cant find anything but online stores.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i believe no. but i have no proof.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well maybe by the time ive saved up enough to start doing some engine mods itll be out. it sounds like an amazing intake, plus it looks just plain brutal!

heres the Mackin Industries Civic Si

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ehh, good point, but then again, ive noticed most of the top secret cars engines have an excessive amount of metal, and a lot of really high performance cars too...well see if it ever comes out

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
ehh, good point, but then again, ive noticed most of the top secret cars engines have an excessive amount of metal, and a lot of really high performance cars too...well see if it ever comes out
true, i see most 9-10 sec drag monster cars with either metal or carbon fiber performance parts.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
What is interesting is to read the other threads about the ARC box. One guy said that Mackin Industries was coming out with it in the summer of 2007. After that, the discussion about the box ceased.

It is too bad that things seem to be on hold. It is kind of like the ever discussed, never seen Comptech Icebox that is supposed to come out as well as the elusive K-Pro for the K20z3.

It seems like the issue with the MAF has stonewalled most companies just like the DBW has hindered progress on tuning options. I kind of like the ARC box and I am sure something could be done regarding heat issues whether it be some type of coating or covering for the box.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
^ True, but note that these are track cars, possibly running on alcohol for 7 or 8 seconds. Heat soak isn't an issue. It is however on a street car sitting in traffic with temperatures in the 90's. Note in the second picture that the motor is exposed, getting quite a bit of air.

Aluminum could be made to work with high temperature coatings on the outside of the box. ARC has a great idea. I just wish they would implement it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
good point, but ARC seems to make everything out of metal, their titanium radiator plates boast cooling bonuses even though theyre just a plate of metal. but i did o a bit of research and it does suffer from heat soak under normal driving conditions (traffic)

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have the plug cover.....Id like the intake manifold cover but Mackin said it was a "one off"

·
Registered
202 Posts
i think that its a shame more companies dont have carbon induction boxes, my wifes mazda 3 has a full carbon induction box and it has a maf sensor plus it was only like 250 when it came out it is made by umnitza

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
i dyno tested a 04 S2000 with a 700 dollar ARC induction box and power chamber and it lost 4 WHP and lost 3 lbs ft of TQ :SHOCKED: the owner was pissed. but thats a S2000.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
i dyno tested a 04 S2000 with a 700 dollar ARC induction box and power chamber and it lost 4 WHP and lost 3 lbs ft of TQ :SHOCKED: the owner was pissed. but thats a S2000.
I noticed how ARC has basically dropped any mention of the system for the K20z3, no doubt because of MAF issues. The key to your system Emmanuel is the MAF mods that you have made. That is why I am going to get one once Corsport starts selling them. :thumb:

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
I noticed how ARC has basically dropped any mention of the system for the K20z3, no doubt because of MAF issues. The key to your system Emmanuel is the MAF mods that you have made. That is why I am going to get one once Corsport starts selling them. :thumb:
:) cool man, i know you'll love it!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would believe this statement IF X wasn't trying to sell his own overpriced intake on this forum.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts