8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
I don't think it's a good idea. Just because he had a high end vehicle doesn't mean he knows what he's doing. You can have money and be an idiot.
Your hands have alot of oils and possibly dirt and other contaminants on them. It seems safer to use an applicator. They're cheap.

·
Registered
543 Posts
If I remember correctly, the product that he use is a high end stuff, and it is meant to be applied by hand to be effective. So, no.. He's not an idiot. He's like one of the top detailer guy in this world.

Are you as good as him? Probably not.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Here's the link.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6LSle_WgexQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6LSle_WgexQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
30 Posts
Some upper end soft waxes are made to be applied by hand. Check out the Dodo Juice site. They recomend that their soft waxes be applied by hand. In the video clip i'm pretty sure Paul's using Zymol Royale.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I don't think it's a good idea. Just because he had a high end vehicle doesn't mean he knows what he's doing. You can have money and be an idiot.
Your hands have alot of oils and possibly dirt and other contaminants on them. It seems safer to use an applicator. They're cheap.
I agree that in general, it's a smarter idea to use an applicator. But for this professional and his purposes and his clients and his reputation, I'd say he can do anything he wants, even apply it with his asscheeks as long as the finished product turns out awesome :badger:.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I agree that in general, it's a smarter idea to use an applicator. But for this professional and his purposes and his clients and his reputation, I'd say he can do anything he wants, even apply it with his asscheeks as long as the finished product turns out awesome :badger:.
It is not a good idea to apply wax by hand even for professional, unless you are using a product that is made for applying that way just like in the video above.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
It is not a good idea to apply wax by hand even for professional, unless you are using a product that is made for applying that way just like in the video above.
Yes, I've seen this youtube video a few times before. And that's exactly why I said that that professional, for HIS PURPOSES, blah blah, is fine for applying wax with his body parts. But I still recommend using an applicator for most people in their detailing :thumb:.

·
Registered
543 Posts
^^ huh? are you just post whoring? What does marketing have to do in this thread? We are talking about applying wax by hand, and in the vid, the guy use wax that meant to be apply by hand. There's no marketing involve here, just "applying direction" on the back of the box.

Go to your bathroom, look at the back of your shampoo bottle. See the direction on how to use it? If you think that's marketing, then eat it :thumb:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.