8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone on here using this controller with the nitrous setup?

I am asking becasue my local shop told me it is a good thing to have when running nitrous so u can adjust the air/fuel ratio.

Did i just waste my money on this?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
FPSS? for a 50 shot you dont need anything to tune with.. as long as u go to a shop that knows what the heck they are doing .. a 50 shot is nothing u really need to worry about tuning on a stock Si.. there are alot of ppl runing them with no issues on here, there are ppl running a 75 shot without tuning..... u should do some more research in this forum.. there are plenty of threads about NOS in here that u can learn from

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The AFC works great for NA a/f adjustments.. I'm running a NEO on my car for minor adjustments - but I would not be going nitrous without a Hondata dyno tune...

The neo has been proven to not work well with out cars either... And u don't need a hondata tune to run NOS especially a 50 shotand considering they don't have one or anyway to do it on our cars his statment doesn't make much sense.... This guy must not have much 8th gen knowledge.... Don't worry about all this tuning crap... I'd say ur shop was just trying to make some easy money off you... So yea I'd say u waste your money...

·
Registered
31 Posts
The neo has been proven to not work well with out cars either... And u don't need a hondata tune to run NOS especially a 50 shotand considering they don't have one or anyway to do it on our cars his statment doesn't make much sense.... This guy must not have much 8th gen knowledge.... Don't worry about all this tuning crap... I'd say ur shop was just trying to make some easy money off you... So yea I'd say u waste your money...
When I was doing some research on running nitrous for my Type R, I gave up as several people advised strongly against it... Might need to look into it a little more....

So you say a wet shot should be OK without tuning? I'm SC and intend on tapping the nozzle into the intake arm per charger..?

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
And if you are serious about the nitrous and supercharger you are right about the nozzle. I just find it hard to believe you have a type R, but I was a bit harsh.

You don't need any tuning for a 75 shot I can say for sure besides dyno tuning with different jets and a wideband A/F sensor. I have been running a 75 wet shot with no problems. Dynotune nitrous themselves said they would not run over a 75 shot in our car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
All ClubRSX & K20.org guys have completely different views. If I do try a wet shot I'll be running a base 35 shot on the dyno. Keep in mind at 12 psi hitting the charger with a 35 shot that'll be close to 400whp and probably bend a rod in the z...

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
All ClubRSX & K20.org guys have completely different views. If I do try a wet shot I'll be running a base 35 shot on the dyno. Keep in mind at 12 psi hitting the charger with a 35 shot that'll be close to 400whp and probably bend a rod in the z...
ok wtf are u talking about.. your posting a bunch of useless info on diff car's u say u own.. and u can easily make 400 on a 350 with the stock bottom end..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.