8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay guys, I've searched and didn't find solid answers on how these two filters compare with each other. I know Apexi is the best filter out there but I would like to know how the AEM dry flow stacks up against it. I'd like to know if there are any filtration, A/F ratio or performance differences as well as any other thoughts you guys might have. Opinions? Facts?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
i have both ! i currently use the apex on my DIY x intake i love it way better than aem i believe my car lost power with the aem ! but put the two next to eachother and apex is a way better quality filter and it has duel horn technology ! (a.k.a velocity stacks) i would say even if you dont feel a difference the apex is a better filter ! looks nicer in our engine bays as well

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about cleaning the Apexi filter? Is it really going to last a lifetime? I really don't buy into that.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I just received my apexi filter, and reading the japanese instructions, it says that apexi lasts 25000 kms under normal conditions before you need to replace it... So I guess I'll have to spend $60-70 replacing it every 2-3 years :S

·
Registered
503 Posts
I dunno where the lifetime warranty stuff came from, 25000kms is what it said in the manual. But it's probably a recommended replacement to retain its performance; not like it's going to fail after 25k.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
What about cleaning the Apexi filter? Is it really going to last a lifetime? I really don't buy into that.
ive been running mine on my x-style intake for a year now, and took it off two weeks ago to see if it needed cleaning, and surprisingly it looked almost brand new, no dirt or anything. I checked if there was a leak or anything but was sure my engine was taking air through it. Apexi ftw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts