8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
damn, that sucks. find out who the property management is and
have your insurance company talk to them. file a claim.

glad noone was physically hurt. those gates are extremely heavy
and with the right speed, can crush a little kid's skull. it's missing
a vital IR scanner to detect obstructions.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Yea, I went back yesterday and got some pics of my nice blue paint on the gate in the same spots. Office was locked at 12:30 and 1:30, so I couldn't talk to anyone. Got a message in to my insurance guy and hopefully he will be able to contact them on my behalf but no way am I claiming it on my insurance. Will probably have an update tomorrow when I get in touch with my ins agent or go back over to the complex.

Thanks for the clear up, AllShow. I indeed was leaving through the exit gate that was wide open, while the entrance gate was closed.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Small update..

Went over to the complex today and spoke with some sorts of manager. She informed me that the only way I could have had the gate scraped is if I tried to follow someone through or tried to race through when it was closing. I don't get why someone would race through a gate that will automatically open for them... I could understand maybe the entrance gate which needs a code to get in, but the exit? Anyways, she said she would call the gate company and follow up with me.

She just left me a voice mail pretty much restating what she told me earlier. She submitted it to her "safety dept" of some sort and they should be calling me within a few days. I can't wait to raise hell with them.

What's funny is she said in the 6 years she had been there, there have been no issues with the gate. The gate has been acting up over the past month, and even when riding with my friend and entering the correct code, the gate would not open. We had to wait for someone to leave in order for him to get into his own complex. Also, Saturday morning when I went to check out my paint on the gate, it was permanently fixed open, with the electrical box that controls that side of the gate being half way open like someone was working in it. It was also emitting a very high pitched tone the whole entire day. Today, it was fixed and working like normal.. no noise, no open box.

I can already see the bullshit I'm going to have to go through for this...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.