8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ive had my civic for about a year and a half now with an exhaust i recently purchased an intake and the headers/testpipe and a zex nitrous kit. I was wondering if there is anythign else i could do to my car besides turbo. Are there gear ratios or anythign else to make me faster?
I have done my research as ive been on this forums for tha past year just never signed up before lol. any help is greatly apreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
fail.....ummm...i have no idea...if u want mad power and alot of tuning options...get an si...or mugen...since they r goin for cheaper than dirt now...but...damn...idk bout r18's....igot a mugen myself

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i want to get one in the next year or two but for now idk i know pulleys but im sorta scared about how they work lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't wanna mess up the electronics and I thought pullies might not deliver enough electricity to the car

·
Registered
167 Posts
Then you obviously need to read up on how pully's work.
Umm, if you don't understand how an underdrive pulley can potentially cause your car to not charge properly, then maybe YOU need to go and 'read up'. Underdrive pulleys are not really a cause for concern much on newer cars as much as the older ones with low output alternators. Even then, anything above idle speed will still spin the alt fast enough.

Unless you want to go turbo, your nitrous kit is the best hp booster you could find. I had a 125hp non-adjustable NOS brand nitrous kit for my mopar, but sold it because nitrous is not really usable for having fun on the street.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
pully's, catback exhaust,turbo,k swap lol nothing else really oh yea megan header lol ftw. i got one myself and hfp axle back

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Umm, if you don't understand how an underdrive pulley can potentially cause your car to not charge properly, then maybe YOU need to go and 'read up'. Underdrive pulleys are not really a cause for concern much on newer cars as much as the older ones with low output alternators. Even then, anything above idle speed will still spin the alt fast enough.

Unless you want to go turbo, your nitrous kit is the best hp booster you could find. I had a 125hp non-adjustable NOS brand nitrous kit for my mopar, but sold it because nitrous is not really usable for having fun on the street.
lmao, pullys dont deliver electricity, the alternator does. Most undersdrive pully kits in todays world also come with overdrive alternaotor pullys as well.

·
Registered
631 Posts
u can get a final drive, i believe 4.9 ratio. just search 2006 civic final drive on ebay. They claim an extra 50whp at 60mph and 15% increase in tourque anywhere in the power band. While your down there put a clutch masters stage 2 and fidanza light weight flywheel. The flywheel alone took off .5 seconds off my 1/4 time. I heard of guys running custom throttle boddies. And you can also add another 10whp or more with nitrous by adding the weapon r intake manifold. I love these motors because they have a lot of potential and parts are comming out more and more.

·
Registered
87 Posts
u can get a final drive, i believe 4.9 ratio. just search 2006 civic final drive on ebay. They claim an extra 50whp at 60mph and 15% increase in tourque anywhere in the power band. While your down there put a clutch masters stage 2 and fidanza light weight flywheel. The flywheel alone took off .5 seconds off my 1/4 time. I heard of guys running custom throttle boddies. And you can also add another 10whp or more with nitrous by adding the weapon r intake manifold. I love these motors because they have a lot of potential and parts are comming out more and more.
gears do not give you hp or tq. they can make a difference at where the tq is applied. I'll admitt i dont know much about fwd but I just cant see gears "making" hp. Is there something I'm missing here?

Besides the ebay ad said 38hp not 50 and i def don't take anything on an ebay ad for truth.

eBay Motors: MFactory Final Drive Gears R18 R18A 2006-08 Honda Civic (item 230225057026 end time Feb-14-09 19:21:18 PST)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No geaars don't give horspower but they make the gears shorter for more acceleration and less top speed

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
i dont think that you can get pullies for the R18.. could be wrong though

1 - 20 of 33 Posts