8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this thing....got a pcmcia adapter for the sd card and downloaded all my music on my disk. Put the thing in the adapter and in the unit and whalaa, instant mega number of songs....this is better than a cd changer....I'm not even going to bother with the xm now...

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
yeah... can someone help me ive had it for 2 years and didnt know wut to buy i have to buy the pcmcia adapter ? or a pc card? can someone give me a link to where i can buy wut is needed.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah... can someone help me ive had it for 2 years and didnt know wut to buy i have to buy the pcmcia adapter ? or a pc card? can someone give me a link to where i can buy wut is needed.
I got my adapter from Best Buy for 20 dollars...it was in the camera section and I got the 6 in 1 adapter--looks like this
You also need a card with your music downloaded on it-- I use the sd cards looks like this

·
Registered
800 Posts
I use mine all the time. I just bought a really cheap 4GB CF card and a CF to PC Card adapter. Almost like the one above, but mine only does CF cards.

With 4GB of MP3s, I think I could drive across the country and never hear the same some twice. One of the coolest little features of the OEM navi!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
PC card FTW!!! I've got a 4gb CF card in mine... love it! It's been found that the NAV unit doesn't like to recognize any songs over 999... regardless of your card size... but 999 songs is plenty for me :thumb:

·
ILDS™
121,509 Posts
I love this thing....got a pcmcia adapter for the sd card and downloaded all my music on my disk. Put the thing in the adapter and in the unit and whalaa, instant mega number of songs....this is better than a cd changer....I'm not even going to bother with the xm now...
:yeahthat: I had my xm service cancelled :dancing:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm borrowing cd's from friends to download--luvin it

·
Registered
800 Posts
PC card FTW!!! I've got a 4gb CF card in mine... love it! It's been found that the NAV unit doesn't like to recognize any songs over 999... regardless of your card size... but 999 songs is plenty for me :thumb:
Yeah, I think it will only recognize 999 songs and 99 folders. But like you said that it plenty!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question...

While I love the PC Card slot, I am really spoiled with having my iPod integration in my old Civic. I'm probably going to buy an EX-L any day now and would like the Navi, but I want the ability to have iPod controls through the headunit/steering controls. Is there any way I can pull this off cleanly, or do I have to forgo the Honda Navi and find my own solution? The big reason I want my iPod over PC Card is that I listen to a ton of podcasts and my iPod also syncs many Smart Lists, so all I do is dock my iPod real quick on my Mac and everything syncs up for me. I can't get that kind of automation by taking out the PC Card all the time.

Your thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts