8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anyway just wanna check with the bro's here is anyone running a SCed with a k24a2?

roughly what numbers are they making?

Ride is currently work in progress... Supercharged k24a2 .

Any advice or comments? below is my parts listed.

Block - k24a2 tsx block. stock. 10.5 CR
Engine head - k20a type R head
Header - buddyclub with 2.5 inch custom and 2.5 inch DMH exhaust cut out.
Converted DBW to cable - 74mm alu throttlebody
Intake - Gruppe M
Injectors - Sard 650cc
Supercharger kit - JRSC kit for SI
(just wan to ask, i've seen the JRSC kit in 2 kinds, they look the same, twin screw type, but one with the JR logo facing upwards and another facing the front)

this is mine---------> http://www.mrrocket.com/images/ep3/enginebay.jpg
this is the other --- > http://www.k-series.com/Images/Tech/DC5_S_JRSC/DC5_S_JRSC-18.jpg

any difference? mine's the one facing the front. sorry not too familiar with superchargers. i only know CT has a standard kind. Pulley is the standard one that comes with the kit. i dont know how to convert the boost but i'm putting out about 0.7 bar boost.
Hondata intake manifold gasket.
Transmission - 6 spd tranny, 4.7 final drive, kaaz 1.5way lsd & ogura supersingle.
ECU- Hondata K-pro

engine is currently being run in, so i have not floored the accelerator yet. changing gears b4 3000rpm.

would be loading a base map from hondata and my tuner will tune it up from there.

would wanna ask any bros if they have a similiar setup so i know what kinda numbers to be expecting.

according to my tuner, a 300whp would be quite easily achievable.

i'm kinda looking at the range of 320whp-350whp.

Any advice or bro's running same kinda setup? pls advice. here are my pics...

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/introduction-pictures/138214-my-civic.html

really need advice as this is the first time i'm running a supercharger...

used to play turbo, and ITB... so first time trying out.

·
Registered
484 Posts
did you just use a stock k24 bottom end and slap a k20 head on or did you actually put new pistons and rings in? if you didnt acctually put new parts in there is no need to break it in, if the parts are new with no miles on them driving it like you say you are wont seat the rings, you need to beat on it a little bit, dont redline it but dont drive it like a grandma either id bring it up to 6 or 7k rpm a few times, and dont keep the engine at a constant rpm, like setting the cruise and driving for 200 miles, you need to be at varrying rpms for the first 200 miles and then give it another 800 to make sure bearings are worn in and rings are seated.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you just use a stock k24 bottom end and slap a k20 head on or did you actually put new pistons and rings in? if you didnt acctually put new parts in there is no need to break it in, if the parts are new with no miles on them driving it like you say you are wont seat the rings, you need to beat on it a little bit, dont redline it but dont drive it like a grandma either id bring it up to 6 or 7k rpm a few times, and dont keep the engine at a constant rpm, like setting the cruise and driving for 200 miles, you need to be at varrying rpms for the first 200 miles and then give it another 800 to make sure bearings are worn in and rings are seated.
slapped it on with a k20 head. new piston rings only and bearings.

ya i'm taking it slow...

·
Registered
484 Posts
just dont take it to slow, other wise the rings will never seat into the cylender walls. sounds like its gonna be a sick ride, keep us posted!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just dont take it to slow, other wise the rings will never seat into the cylender walls. sounds like its gonna be a sick ride, keep us posted!
sure thing... not sure what to expect from this... or how much ponies i can pull...

hopefully worth it for the money...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
two different kits looks like its in an rsx ones in a new si
nope, one's for a teg another for a ep3.

i'm using the one from a ep3.

it's more or less universal thou, cos i've also seen some ep3 with those kind in the teg.

but the question is are they the same ****?

the placement is different, other den that, i dunno what's the purpose or difference in this 2 kits.

any bros to shine any light?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
That is the ep3 manifold...It doesn't flow as well as the rsx kit...Due to the short runner design.

In your first post you said twinscrew type...they are roots chargers, not TS

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
That is the ep3 manifold...It doesn't flow as well as the rsx kit...Due to the short runner design.
short runner design? meaning?

from what i understand, both are twin screw (opps roots) my bad, sorry but i'm new to superchargers, bash me if u have to. :woowoo:

coz i dont really understand, it doesnt really work like the turbo low compression way... or the NA conventional high com 12 CR way...

somewhat half f**k in between but yet not sure how to exactly setup everything.

i have stock type R's running a supercharger on a 11.5 CR and putting out 265whp with headers and exhaust.

and quite alot of ppl commented that supercharger works better on a higher compression unlike turbo... of course not to the extent of CR above 12, but anywhere within the range of the stock type R performs alot better, compared to the 9.6CR stock standard my car used to have.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
None of them are TS they are all roots chargers.

By this picture you posted in your introduction thread you have the RSX manifold?? Not an ep3 one.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
No to mention the AC line in the pic that makes that an RSX engine bay pic not a FG engine bay...Unless for some strange reason you swapped AC lines.....But also the radiator support doesn't have any plastic covering on it also idetifying it as a RSX....

As you can see in this pic there is no ac line over on the right side of the engine bay.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
None of them are TS they are all roots chargers.

By this picture you posted in your introduction thread you have the RSX manifold?? Not an ep3 one.
No tat's not my setup.

that's from my friend's dc5r. the one running the JRSC but different from mine, which was why i started off his topic on why it was different. but my friend's running on stock type R with JRSC. getting 265whp.

the one i'm having, is the one facing forward. wait let me get some pics.

it's not on yet coz my engine have yet to be run-in.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts