8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen anyone say that they've purchased any 2008 EX-L coupe or sedan models, but I am very curious to see some pictures of your nice heated leather and side mirrors.

If you have any EX-L's or pictures of them other than from Honda's website, post them up! Especially if you have a coupe with black or gray leather!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yeah I'd also like to see! I had leather put into my SI after purchase, but want to see how it compares to factory!

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Chad. I'm contemplating a trade for an EX-L with navigation, and I'm trying to see some better pictures and hear how owners feel about them.

How have you been enjoying it so far?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks, Chad. I'm contemplating a trade for an EX-L with navigation, and I'm trying to see some better pictures and hear how owners feel about them.

How have you been enjoying it so far?
I love it so far. The only thing missing is a rear seat heaters. It was 44 last night. Seats took about 3 minutes to get warm on high setting. It almost feels like they have a warming element in the seatback as well near the lumbar or mid seatback, but I'm not sure on that. As for the side mirror defrosters, Honda integrated them into the rear defroster switch, which I hope won't affect the life of the mirror defrosters because you normally dont need to use them as much. Other than that, they clear fog and dew very fast.

Also, the side inserts on the doors are the same matching leather.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love it so far. The only thing missing is a rear seat heaters. It was 44 last night. Seats took about 3 minutes to get warm on high setting. It almost feels like they have a warming element in the seatback as well near the lumbar or mid seatback, but I'm not sure on that. As for the side mirror defrosters, Honda integrated them into the rear defroster switch, which I hope won't affect the life of the mirror defrosters because you normally dont need to use them as much. Other than that, they clear fog and dew very fast.

Also, the side inserts on the doors are the same matching leather.
I very, very rarely have rear-seat passengers, so that doesn't concern me too much (about the lack of rear-seat heaters). The timing seems to be good as to how fast the seats warm up. Very good, I'm excited about that. My lower back doesn't get much support in my seats, and the heaters would really help for those times.

The side mirror defrosters, I have to say, I'm a bit disappoitned hearing they put it with the rear window defogger, much like you. I very rarely would need to use my side mirror defoggers, but I use my rear defogger a lot. I hope that wouldn't be problematic.

Also, the leather surfaces are the door panels as well as the door armrests? That's good, I'm gla dto hear that. How is the quality of the leather, do you think?

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man R18s gettin more features than the Si's. Did i get lost somewhere?
I know. I have to admit I was very shocked when they announced the EX-L trim level, but left out a leather package for the Si.

I think its because the EX is supposed to be the "luxury" model of the Civic line-up, evidenced by the heated leather, leather wrapped wheel, and heated side mirrors.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Looks good :thumb:

I don't really like how Honda stitched the leather in the door panel, but I wouldn't mind it with those nice leather seats comforting me. Are the leather seats softer than the fabric seats in the DX/LX/EX? My LX's seats are really firm (compared to the seats in my parents' Highlander) and it gets uncomfortable after driving for more than half an hour.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks good :thumb:

I don't really like how Honda stitched the leather in the door panel, but I wouldn't mind it with those nice leather seats comforting me. Are the leather seats softer than the fabric seats in the DX/LX/EX? My LX's seats are really firm (compared to the seats in my parents' Highlander) and it gets uncomfortable after driving for more than half an hour.
I haven't seen any others besides mine so i dont know what the cloth is like. I really like the leather though. It's really delicate though, feels like it could scratch easy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the EX-L coupe. The seats are shaped differently than the sedan version. I find it comfortable but hard leather. Kinda like the leather you will find in a Benz or bmw. Definitely not soft and smooth.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Could you maybe post some pictures Jettie? I'm looking at an EX-L coupe and would greatly appreciate it.

The seats are different in the coupes compared to the sedans. I like them better: they are way more supportive, it seems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a NHBP EX-L coupe w/Nav and gray interior.
The interior is mostly the same, except that only the armrests on the doors are leather. Not the door panels. I agree with jettie that the leather doesn't seem too soft. It does not feel as thick as the leather in my '96 GSX, but I don't feel that me 6 year old son will be poking holes in it easily. Not that it would be wise for him to try. :lildevil:

I haven't tried the heated seats or mirrors yet (hasn't been cold enough) but I'm sure I'll be happy to have them in January.

My only complaint is that they didn't offer the ivory. Black and tan would look very cool.

What color is your coupe jettie?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is rear AND mirror defrost?
Yeah on the same friggin button. I guess from a manufacturing point of view it was cheaper to do it that way but as I said earlier I hope it doesn't hurt the life of the heated mirrors.

Altair, can you post pics? I'm just wondering what yours are like. Mine are not shiny at all. I guess I always thought of hard leather as being shiny and more firm. Anyways.... pics!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts