8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking around at some exhausts for the R18, and wondering if anyone has any experience with the bolt-on catback systems. How was the install? Also I'd imagine this would only affect my warranty on the replaced parts, correct?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Install is easy. Just get under the car unbolt the pipes and bolt the new pipes and muffler on, and done.

As far as warranty goes, they are not gonna replace whatever you put on. If you take your car in for something that is caused by your aftermarket exhaust, they not gonna replace or fix it for free either. But if like your door has problems or anything that has nothing to do with exhaust, you'll still be able to get them fix it or replace it for free til your warranty runs out.

·
Registered
638 Posts
i have the magnaflow catback and im pretty pleased with it. Good price, good sound, good looks, a good product from magnaflow which i totally did not expect based on my early views of magnaflow as a company.

installation-wise, it was a cinch. took 45 minutes with a buddy only using jackstands and ramps.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i have a GReddy Ti-C and it sounds nice. especially when you gun it down the highway :D. but i bought it for 489.00 with shipping from ebay. as for installation it took me and my dad 20-25 mins because we used his lift at his body shop lol :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
also got that ti-c install on my sedan. everything was pretty much straight forward except for that couple inch extension.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the Tanabe Medallion Touring catback - installed it in under 20 minutes by myself, in my back yard with two 14mm wrenches.

It's so perfect no shop or expert or tools other then 14mm wrench is necessary to install it yourself.

It cant effect warranty, it's not messing with anything by having a louder exhaust unless you change the cat converter out you are beat for emissions warranty probably.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts