8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah, so i want to make my headlights clear, and have black houseing. oh and paint my calipers.

anyone in the Newengland area that want to do this, or help me out hit me up on aim or pm me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
CameronJr9 said:
I can't make it to Maryland, but I'd be interested to know how it turns out. I have some plans to mess with the bumper/headlights later on, so this would make a great DIY.
I think he is in Massachusetts, MA = Massachusetts, MD = Maryland. Although he could be from Maryland and just have the worng abbreviation in his profile... :)

·
Banned
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bah no one is around the ma area? poo! lol. now that i think about it i don't think i want the black houseing. im just going to go with clear headlights. anyways if anyone is interested hit me up!

·
Banned
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, so today me and a friend went tried to do a clear head lamp thing. ok. so i just realized how small the engine bay is. i would hate to be a techy for honda. lol. anyways we took off the plastic cover **** they got in the engine bay, then unscrewed 2 silver bolts that go to the headlamp. k this is where im stuck! it loose at one end and the other end is still tight. so im pretty dam sure tehre's another bolt i didn't see or its hidden somewhere. anyone know where this might be located?

oh, and that civic thats on the banner of 8thcivic.com that middle clear thingy, where can i get that? i really want one!

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
i'm pretty sure that civic on the banner is a euro or a concept, or maybe a euro concept. either way i don't think that is actually available.
as for the headlight check out this threat step eight. that sounds the the bolt you are missing. i'm not at home so i can't look at mine but this sounds like the one you are talking about. good luck post pics when you get it all back together

·
Banned
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh thats another thing. i can't figure out how to take off the front bumper! no bolts! just these plastic thingys. oh and in the engine bay, there's that plastic thingy, its the black plastic part that goes all the way around the edge of the engine bay. the only waya i could take that off was to break the clips off.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
if you can't take a bumper off, i would suggest not doing your headlights since its 10x harder.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
CameronJr9 said:
Ha! Thanks. I'm glad to see your first post was to correct me. Now I feel like an even bigger loser! :banghead:

lol

owned by a noob

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
fhound258 said:
oh thats another thing. i can't figure out how to take off the front bumper! no bolts! just these plastic thingys. oh and in the engine bay, there's that plastic thingy, its the black plastic part that goes all the way around the edge of the engine bay. the only waya i could take that off was to break the clips off.
Yeah those two clips are a booger. I broke the heads off both of them taking my bumper off. I ordered 2 new ones from www.collegehillshonda.com also there's instructions there on how to take the bumper off. It's a PDF file under the foglights. There are also screws holding the bumper in the fenderwell.

·
Registered
518 Posts
dude if you broke ur clips off, i wouldnt take the bumper off.
hell i wouldnt even mess with my car if i was you.
I mean u gotta be easy with this shyt
and if u go to honda at 3 bux a clip it adds up, take ur time, learn about what your doing, before attempting anything...

·
Registered
325 Posts
You are guaranteed to break some of those, even if you're an experienced mechanic. It's just the nature of the beast, and one more reason I will not be taking the bumper off myself for any reason.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts