8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking into the megan 4point hbrace for my 07 si 4dr. anyone install one of these yet? doesnt have to be megan, any other company. need to know where it goes with tq specs, tips on install, etc.

thanks,

-nick

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Don't bother with chassis bracing until you've exhausted everything else:

CHASSIS BRACING!!

"Chasses braces dont really alter the way the car handles much, What they do is remove the variable of chassis flex from the tuning equation, allowing the car to be more precicely tuned. And this is the important aspect from a compitition stand point. As being able to finely tune the chassis = better lap times. But in most cases your talking about a few tenths. So on a street car this really doesnt apply, as with out a timeing system your never going to notice if you were a tenth of a second faster in a given turn. DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

The benifit of chassis braces on a street car, to me at least, are more psycological. See, chasses braces also make the car "Feel" more stable, solid. This in turn enspires more confidence in the cars capabilities. Which typically causes the driver to drive the car, conscious or unconsciously, harder. Where as the cars handling really hasnt changed. the driver is just driving differently. which explains why people claim that adding a strut tower bar or a lower X brace some how increased the amount of understeer the car has. When in reality, the car always understeered... the driver had probably just never had driven the car to that point to notice it.'

Any way. Point is for compitition chassis braces are important to allow you to get those last few tenths out of the car. For the street they instill more confidence in the cars capabilities, for better or for worse...
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/suspension-brakes/41081-suspensions.html

Use the money to invest in some front camber bolts and a good alignment. Also, you can look into a bigger rear sway bar and a rear camber kit.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
:yeahthat: I have the carbing strut bar, and honestly wasted my money. Slightly noticeable steering response, but nothing much. The Si's have such a stiff chasis that you really dont need to reinforce it unless like other people have said you are going for fractions of a second taken off your time attack. I have a progress rear sway and spc f/r camber kit and it handles like a dream.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
lol
just the bottom of the car, so the car wont scratch or take a beating, but the H brace will

thats the idea i have in my head, but i'm a noob to all things car, so you can tell me i'm totally wrong:iorun:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts