8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

181 - 200 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
really depends on what ohm you are running. if you are going to run sub ohm builds, you must use batteries that can push out enough amps. why mechs can be dangerous is because people run 0.3~ ohms with the wrong batteries. I use samsung 20r batteries, fasttech says they have discharge of 15A but tests show that they have a max discharge of 22A.

$10.51 Samsung INR18650-20R 3.6V 2000mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (2-Pack) - max discharging current 15A / unprotected at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I love fasttech, great price, free shipping. But since it's coming from Hong Kong, it's soooo slow. Also they're a lot more strict with shipping lithium battery. So there's a possibility of it not even shipping. But besides that, SUPER GREAT DEALS!! Also, lots of clones that work just as great as the real thing.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
i had one of my shipments stuck for over a month. it was only a problem sending lithium batteries through HK post. supposedly they switched couriers and its not a problem now.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
i had one of my shipments stuck for over a month. it was only a problem sending lithium batteries through HK post. supposedly they switched couriers and its not a problem now.
They're still using HK/SG post, if you want assurance they product would get to you. You can opt for the DHL option instead :wheee:

What items are restricted or potentially restricted by the customs and/or air mail shipping services?: FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics - Worldwide Free Shipping

My package which still hasn't arrived yet has been out for over a month now. It's been at the local post office for a couple days, hopefully it will get to me this week.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
They're still using HK/SG post, if you want assurance they product would get to you. You can opt for the DHL option instead :wheee:

What items are restricted or potentially restricted by the customs and/or air mail shipping services?: FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics - Worldwide Free Shipping

My package which still hasn't arrived yet has been out for over a month now. It's been at the local post office for a couple days, hopefully it will get to me this week.
yeah my friend is on the same boat. seems like all orders from late August to September got either held or rejected. mines made it through after a month and a half of waiting, but my friends package got rejected. one of the fasttech reps said that now they should be able to process normally.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Clones are cool. The only complaint I had with my clones was the button isn't as soft as the real thing. You have to press it right in the middle in order for it to depress. That and it's brushed, whereas the real thing is polished. Small things but they all work the same imo.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I just got into vaping about a month ago... I have a vamo v3 and a big and small DCT tanks 1.5 cardos and a kanger pro tank. I had the vamo v2 but it had some issues so exchanged it for the v3 and im not a huge fan of the kanger it dries my throat and makes me cough its to airy

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
I Busted my Kayfun light rite out of the threads of my Vamo v3, the thing is toast.

I got some clone mechanical called the "origin". Im not really well read up on mechanicals, the way i see it, they're all metal tubes with a batteries in them.

so im running kayfun light with a 1.4 ohm micro coil, (the vamo wouldnt fire anything below 1.3 so i got it as close as i could) and plain old silica wick.

now that i dont have a VV regulated mod to limit my coil resistance, im thinking of going sub-ohm (like .8 maybe) only thing is ive never done it on a mechanical...or ever. anyone know what i can expect...im running Samsung 18650's

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a K100 with a Nimbus atty that I've been vaping on. I'm not too big into it, its just something I do for fun or when I'm bored. I would like to upgrade down the road though. What would be a good step up from my current setup without breaking the bank?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
I have a K100 with a Nimbus atty that I've been vaping on. I'm not too big into it, its just something I do for fun or when I'm bored. I would like to upgrade down the road though. What would be a good step up from my current setup without breaking the bank?
a Kayfun lite clone, I'm in love with it. Had the tai fun GT wasn't a huge fan. I like tank RBA's more than the drippers.

So I would do that and keep the k100, after all, all mechanicles are just tubes with batteries. But I would recommend the m40 mechanical

·
Registered
105 Posts
a Kayfun lite clone, I'm in love with it. Had the tai fun GT wasn't a huge fan. I like tank RBA's more than the drippers.

So I would do that and keep the k100, after all, all mechanicles are just tubes with batteries. But I would recommend the m40 mechanical
I just looked up the Kayfun, looks interesting. From what I understand its a hybrid between a tank and an RBA. How often does it need to be rebuilt though? That's one of the things I don't like about having an RBA, having to get it rebuilt/rewrapped every week or two, but I want big clouds and lots of flavor.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
I've had the same build in mine for 4 months, I'm a heavy vapor too. I usually get 2 days of juice capacity out of the tank.

My set up is a 28 gauge kanthal micro coil (10 wraps) and regular silica wick. I believe 2mm.

I drop this thing at least 3 times a week and it has yet to break. My mod broke before my Kayfun lite did. And it's not even a real Kayfun.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just looked up the Kayfun, looks interesting. From what I understand its a hybrid between a tank and an RBA. How often does it need to be rebuilt though? That's one of the things I don't like about having an RBA, having to get it rebuilt/rewrapped every week or two, but I want big clouds and lots of flavor.
Each build usually lasts me 1 - 2 months. Building on the Kayfuns are really simple and quick. I don't think the Kayfun was built for making clouds of vapor. It's more for the flavor chasers. It gives out tremendous flavors. I would recommend getting the clones over the original since the performance are just the same.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've had the same build in mine for 4 months, I'm a heavy vapor too. I usually get 2 days of juice capacity out of the tank.

My set up is a 28 gauge kanthal micro coil (10 wraps) and regular silica wick. I believe 2mm.

I drop this thing at least 3 times a week and it has yet to break. My mod broke before my Kayfun lite did. And it's not even a real Kayfun.
Have you tried using organic cotton as a wick? It's 10x better than silica imo.

181 - 200 of 220 Posts