8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I just have a bunch of Meguiar's stuff but I wanna branch out and try some other brands after these are up.. Anyone tried any of these?

I beleive that is Detailer's paradise's own brand. They also have something called 'Epic' which is apparently an amazing synthetic wax/sealant. Any good reviews from them?

Also checked out the line of pinnacle waxes, polishes and cleaners which all look promising as well. There was also another one, Wolfgang maybe, that also looked pretty promising. Just wondering what else is tried and true out there

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
To be honest, there are so many excellent products out there, it is kind of mind blowing. I have heard good things about Epic and I believe a couple of guys use their products.

I have had excellent results with almost anything Meguiar's including their #7 Show Car Glaze, Gold Class Wax, their Tech waxes etc. I have a dizzying array of products right now including Natty's Poorboys Blue Paste Wax and EXP Paint Sealant. I also have Wolfgang and Jet Seal Paint Sealants.

VQ Power and I did a friend's black WRX and used Mother's Reflections wax and topcoat finishes. The results were absolutely stunning. I have also used P21S and Griot's Best of Show wax, both top notch products. Rasky even gave me some Zaino to try out. I saw SpecialRingpop's FBP Coupe and the results were amazing.

It all boils down to personal preference. I try different products all the time and the results generally are great. I am sure you will be pleased with the Prima line.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Also checked out the line of pinnacle waxes, polishes and cleaners which all look promising as well. There was also another one, Wolfgang maybe, that also looked pretty promising. Just wondering what else is tried and true out there

I have used Pinnacle suveran liquid wax and Crystal mist QD ,both are amazingly easy to use and give great shine specially on dark colours.
I love using WG DGPS in combination with their Polish Enhancer,excellent products last 3 months at least.

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I've heard that Pinnacle Souveran wax is amazing, I might get it if I'm not happy with my Gold class wax on top of the sealant. Prolly gonna try that Prima line next.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
i use Prima primarily Hydro, Slick, Clarity. I used Epic on my civic and it turned out
real nice. Hydro, Slick, Clarity are must-haves for detailers at any level.

as far as polishes and waxes i use Griot's since i got their master care kit.
whenever i use polymer i use Hydro while i dry the car.

·
Registered
192 Posts
More important is hands and eye of the detailer. Anyways, allbright and menzerna are probably the best. Some of us in Europe used 3M. The man that formulated allbright products is willy the buff master who is probably the best damn detail artist i've ever seen. This guys teaches the pros ! He takes the car to the next level of perfection. Wolfgang, pinnacle are all good products... Meguiars makes an exhaustive line...

I used PS21. I love the cleaner product, and it's a very mild polish also.
But I mainly stay with seperate formulas now, none of this all in one products.
I also use heat to alter the surface to get an absolute mirror off the paint. So reflective that it really distracts other drivers in traffic ;) But that's not my intention...

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Einszett, Klasse, SONÜS, Poorboy's World are some others...

Menzerna works the best for me, except if i must do some heavy cutting, i go with Mequiar's #4,#84 or #85 and a wool pad!
You can't use any of that with a PC though :sadwavy:

Prolly just gonna stick it out with the Meguiars, just the thing I don't like about their stuff is the labeling SUCKS. You have all these diff numbers and I have no idea what they mean. For example, #83 is a heavier cut than #80, but #80 is a heavier cut than #82. A simple #1, #2, #3, #4, etc would've been nice.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can't use any of that with a PC though :sadwavy:

Prolly just gonna stick it out with the Meguiars, just the thing I don't like about their stuff is the labeling SUCKS. You have all these diff numbers and I have no idea what they mean. For example, #83 is a heavier cut than #80, but #80 is a heavier cut than #82. A simple #1, #2, #3, #4, etc would've been nice.
You're right. Wouldn't work to well with a PC ! (that's not a computer either for you newbies... ;) )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.