8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
It looks like it's roughly 210 kw which is 281.61 hp

okay, it looks like it's about 400-410 nm which is around 300 lb/ft tq.

So, from that I get 282/300

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
firmhonda said:
It looks like it's roughly 210 kw which is 281.61 hp

okay, it looks like it's about 400-410 nm which is around 300 lb/ft tq.

So, from that I get 282/300
hope its very under rated man i will be pissed at mitsu if <300hp

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
LDB said:
206 kW is 276 hp and 422 Nm is 311 pounds of torque.
Wow, you could really read that?!?? I need glasses. :iorun:

·
Registered
128 Posts
The Japanese auto makers signed a "Gentlemen's Agreement" I do believe in the late 90s, which said that they will not advertise their cars having more than 276 hp. If you look into it, you will notice that the Evo IX, 350Z, Skyline, etc. are all rated (or should I say underrated) at exactly 276 hp. This is a number that merely reflects the Gentlemen's Agreement while the car is rumored to be putting out around 330 hp at the crank.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TheProtege said:
The Japanese auto makers signed a "Gentlemen's Agreement" I do believe in the late 90s, which said that they will not advertise their cars having more than 276 hp. If you look into it, you will notice that the Evo IX, 350Z, Skyline, etc. are all rated (or should I say underrated) at exactly 276 hp. This is a number that merely reflects the Gentlemen's Agreement while the car is rumored to be putting out around 330 hp at the crank.
thanks much for this info man because i have had enough of loud wrx's or STI's looking to eat my little SI

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
TheProtege said:
This is true, but the gentlemen's agreement was dropped recently which was rumored to be the reason that honda yanked the nsx to build a much, much more powerful version. This is also one of the reason that I keep thinking that they are going to start making more powerful cars to compete in this little horsepower war that's going on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts