8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Castrol Edge just came to Canada, least on the eastside. I heard other places had this before, was wondering if anyone has any good reviews on it. I was Castrol Syntec right now, seen Edge in store now for almost same price. Is there much differences???

Is OEM oil filters better then FRAM?

·
Registered
488 Posts
OEM filters are made by honeywell which makes FRAM. Try and stick with premium filters likes M1, Bosch, K&N, etc..

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I did my oil change today. I switch from Castrol Syntec to EDGE. And went with the NAPA Gold Oil Filter this time.

Oddly enough, when I took the old filter off (FRAM SYNTHETIC), a glob of s**t came out of the filter. Never happened before, it was little twigs and what looked like mub and oil. Scared the crap out of me. Wonder why the car been acting a little funny. Its only been 8k between the last oil change. Usually with synthetic you can get between 10k and 12k between changes. But this time no, and the oil was blacker than black and almost like sludge.

Don't think I'll be going with a FRAM filter again. See how the NAPA Gold turns out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts