8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to my brother how i was looking to upgrade to a Garrett gt28 turbo sometime in the near future and we were looking around at prices. Well the other day he sent me a message that he found a gt28 turbo for a really cheap price on ebay. Now before you bash on ebay, i have found/bought a lot of great stuff off there that has worked flawlessly. Now the turbo looks like it would have the right flange and fit the Greddy kit but it says it is for a 240sx. I kept doing some more looking and all the replacement parts, such as the gasket or even the mani looks extremely identical. I have never heard of the company, so it may just be an ebay company, who knows.

So has anyone used this turbo or heard anything about it? For the price it is a great deal if you could get the same results as a Garrett turbo but i never wanna take a chance with a p.o.s that affects my engine.

Here's the link
gt28 internal wastegate turbo charger bolt on s13 s14 : eBay Motors (item 300426819874 end time May-18-10 14:21:51 PDT)

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
godspeed makes decent intercoolers. and i know ALOT of ppl who have used there turbos and they lasted a good while.. and made good power..

some people say that they explode in the first week.. but ive seen them last a while.

what flange type is the greddy manifold do u know?

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
godspeed/cxracing/etc are all chinese crap made turbos that more than likely will not last long.
out of all parts of the turbo build...dont cheap out on the actual turbocharger.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
that turbo will bolt right up but its made in china garbage.

I funny antidote about godspeed. On their website they have a r18 kit with pics. the funny thing is the pics are from one of the tsi r18's on this website, lololol. if you want to buy from someone like that go for it but this ninja wouldn't touch that turbo with a 10 ft pole. just save up 1200 and get a real gt2871, you will be a lot happier in the long run and it will last a really long time. I'm at 10,000 trouble-free miles and counting with mine right now.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lmao I didn't click the link yet and was assuming it was "cheap" as in 5-600 dollars then I click the link finding 275 LOL.

You will get exactly what you pay for.. a 275 dollar oil burning, compressor wheel shattering, wastegate failing turbo :coffee:
Hahahahaha this is probably one of the best sayings i have ever heard and probably sums it up. I wasnt looking at buying, just kinda searching for a gt28 turbo and came across it.

I figured something this cheap wouldnt be anything reliable. I would actually like to see one of those turbos in person, or actually on a car tho. I am still praying for the day i get to see a turbo blow up on someones car. Ive heard stories but never got to see it person. I dont want to be the one the stories about either

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Watched the video you guys mentioned, and ya i am definitely getting the Garrett now. I don't need shrapnel blowing through the firewall into my legs, or even worse the money sack.

Anyways i found this video as well. Not sure if it is a good or bad thing for our motors
YouTube - stock k20 turbo blows up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts