8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
neat stuff :thumb:

no competition? for a 2.0L na, hell yeah heh. the other competition use f/i to be quick/fast which is fine and good, just not comparable for a rev happy 2.0L na.

:vtec: :dancing: :vtec:

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
Si 07 said:
no competition? for a 2.0L na, hell yeah heh. the other competition use f/i to be quick/fast which is fine and good, just not comparable for a rev happy 2.0L na.
There never has been competition in the N/A department, but in the sport compacts there is still competition. A car company that targets a vehicle and makes a vehicle to compare to that vehicle is called "competition".

Si, GTi, MS3,SE-R Spec V all target eachother.

Pdivizzle0112 said:
have fun repairing that college girl jetta in a year once the engine takes a dump
Who said I take pride in my VW pos? The Civic is known as a girls car as well so making fun of a Jetta isn't a very concrete argument. Also what I drive has nothing to do with my knowledge and intelligence in the automotive world.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Pdivizzle0112 said:
have fun repairing that college girl jetta in a year once the engine takes a dump

no need to be a ****, and as King already said the entire argument makes no sense.

back to topic....

to the OP thanks for posting I have never seen that review before.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
KingMarineM16a4 said:
There never has been competition in the N/A department, but in the sport compacts there is still competition. A car company that targets a vehicle and makes a vehicle to compare to that vehicle is called "competition".

Si, GTi, MS3,SE-R Spec V all target eachother.
Thats why I specifically noted 2.0L na has no competition in its motor class, but I meant it more in a joking fashion as "no competition".

I was just mentioning my opinion that, if sport compacts were to be compared to evenly, that they should compare apples to apples. What I mean is n/a to n/a and f/i to f/i. Thats all.

The GTI is a great car and a real competitor in sport compacts, I just wish (my personal opinion) is that they make separate categories for the n/a sport compacts and f/i sport compacts. Thats all. :wavey:

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
Si 07 said:
Thats why I specifically noted 2.0L na has no competition in its motor class, but I meant it more in a joking fashion as "no competition".

I was just mentioning my opinion that, if sport compacts were to be compared to evenly, that they should compare apples to apples. What I mean is n/a to n/a and f/i to f/i. Thats all.

The GTI is a great car and a real competitor in sport compacts, I just wish (my personal opinion) is that they make separate categories for the n/a sport compacts and f/i sport compacts. Thats all. :wavey:
Sorry it doesn't work like that. That's like saying we should separate the old quarters and new quarters. Or turbos from superchargers.

If it's relatively in the same price range, speed is comparable, size is identical, and most importantly, wheel drive is the same than it is in competition.

If it was N/A to N/A and F/I to F/I than the Si for years would have been the best of what? Itself? Or itself and the s-er spec V? Some comparision...

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
KingMarineM16a4 said:
Sorry it doesn't work like that. That's like saying we should separate the old quarters and new quarters. Or turbos from superchargers.

If it's relatively in the same price range, speed is comparable, size is identical, and most importantly, wheel drive is the same than it is in competition.

If it was N/A to N/A and F/I to F/I than the Si for years would have been the best of what? Itself? Or itself and the s-er spec V? Some comparision...
+1

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
KingMarineM16a4 said:

Thats why I mentioned it was just my opinion. And you pretty much answered what I was trying to get at, there is "no competition" (what originally, jokingly mentioned) for it, if it was divided into n/a vs. n/a and f/i vs. f/i.

i wouldnt mind seeing an Si being compared to a Spec V, or even the XRS and celica GT-S (even though both are discontinued sadly)

i was merely just voicing what i would consider a more even playing field to compare a competitions car. (again just my opinion, nothing more)

i guess whats going through my mindset is that, with all things equal in a cars performance, handling, and then having a comparison f/i vs. a n/a setup, the f/i has a clear advantage in straight line performance vs. an n/a version, which i have noticed is what most of my peers care about for being a better performing quick/fast car.

would it be so far fetched to go one more step and add a n/a to f/i difference on your above statement?

just so were clear, im not trying to impose my opinion or anything, im merely only stating what i would consider a more even comparison for similar competing cars. :wavey: (im sure my logic is flawed to you, lol, and i apologize for that, and i do see your point, i was just hoping you could see mine too, or at least what i tried to clumsily explain :surrender:)

:wavey:

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
I see what you are saying but logically it doesn't make sense. The Si IS the best N/A motor'd sport compact, then again Honda always has been. My point is, in the market you have to have comparison or competition. The people in majority love torque and F/I gets that easily and sense people love high rev, low rev, fi, na, four door or two door, hp vs torque that's why cars in the same price range get compared.

:thumb:

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
junkcheung1 said:
Listen up..he said in the "same $$$ range" class comparison.
Yeah, the GTi, MS3, Sentra are all in that price range, so again it does have competition.

And that's all that matters doesnt it? Money...

**** you can compare apples, paper, a car, and a house if you want. If you had twenty thousand dollars and you can buy any of the items I just listed which one would you buy?

If you could choose a Lamborghini Gallardo, Civic Si, Saleen S7 TT,a RSX-S, a 03 Evo for dollar which one would you buy?

If you could buy a fully loaded Civic Si or fully loaded GTi or fully loaded MS3 or fully loaded 08 350Z for the SAME price which one would you buy?

Exactly, comparison is all about money. If it is in that price range than it can be compared to ANYTHING IN THE WORLD that is also in that price range. It's how the world works.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts