8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Think of it as Eva Longoria in a whip cream sundae. That color is nice....

but it's not for everyone. Some find it too flashy, which was my initial thought, but I'm trying to decide between the Hav. and NBP.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The one I test drove was Habanero Red, I really liked the color. It is kind of a lighter red/orangish color from what I saw, it looks really nice. I personally am a bigger fan of the Rallye Red, but the Habanero definitely has some "pop" to it, can't go wrong either way.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Those do it justice. You'll have to compile all pics taken and look at the different colors it becomes in different lighting. From orange to cranberry to brick to copper and everything in between.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill be getting a habanero at least by the end of this week! i wanted silver at first, but it was sold before i could get back to it so i asked what was next up and habanero was there. i figured what the hell its a pretty rare color only on the si.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I just got my habanero red and LOVE the colour. The fact that its completely different as the sun shines on it from different angles. As was said earlier, pics do NOT do this colour justice.

im very pleased that i went with this over the fiji blue.

·
Registered
635 Posts
too copper/orangish to me.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Saw it for the first time in person just two days ago (also first time seeing another Si after 4 months). The Habby Red was a very nice color. You would most likely love it, and it is accurate to say, "you just have to see it in person."

·
Registered
227 Posts
carlossamano2004 said:
i havent seen anyone with a habanero red si. is that color not as appealing?
In St.Louis, I have seen two Habanero reds driving around. Im the only other Si I know of in the area, I'm sure there are more. Mine is white. I think the H reds look pretty good. The first time I saw H red on the lot I thought it looked great, especially when you notice that the red stitching of the seats match the paint.
Don't worry, you will see them soon enough.
Please dont quote me on this, I'm bullshitting a bit, but right now there are only "about" 140 Si's per state. I'm basing this on my cars, that was just built, VIN. This is also based on dividing equally, which we know is not true. The most Si's are in the beatyful state of Cali..... If you divide the number of Si's produced to date, divided by ~50 states, divided buy 7 colors, there are only 20 H reds per state. These cars are rare and will become easier to notice this time next year. For now we all can indulge and enjoy our once in a life-time 06 Si ownership experience!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hab red is better in person than in the pictures. The only thing I don't like is the way it turns almost burgundy in low-light. It has loads of metallic though, and looks great in the sun.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
i'll go with fiji blue than hab but those 2 colors are nice but at least ppl will notice that it wasnt a civic dx/lx/ex

·
Registered
18 Posts
My initial color choices were 1st TW, 2nd FBP, 3rd ASM . . . . . . . . never HRP. HRP with nav was in the showroom but was marked way up. I said I would wait but hagling ocurred for hours on end and the deal was sweet and right! I love this color! RR apeals to me now, but I still love my HRP. I;m trying to decide wheel color now.

·
Registered
40 Posts

You must see habby in person pictures don't do any justice. I love how it changes color depending on the lighting. And I like the fact that you dont see to many colors like it.:thumb:

·
Registered
484 Posts
i love my haby red like everyone else has said pics dont do it justice you need to see a clean one and you will fall in love well atleast i did

1 - 20 of 41 Posts