8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering because my airbag light came on a few weeks ago and the side impact SRS sensor is being replaced tomorrow. Per Honda it would have cost me $200-250 to replace if I wasn't under warranty...

Very Un-Honda like problem :Mad:

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Not covered under warranty???
Jesus, re-read his post.

Just wondering because my airbag light came on a few weeks ago and the side impact SRS sensor is being replaced tomorrow. Per Honda it would have cost me $200-250 to replace if I wasn't under warranty...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yesterday I put my flight bag in the front seat and the passenger side airbag light came on. Took me a couple of minutes to figure that one out. No real problem like yours.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I just have to rest my arm on the passenger seat back and it will come on, especially if I already have a bag on the seat

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Yesterday I put my flight bag in the front seat and the passenger side airbag light came on. Took me a couple of minutes to figure that one out. No real problem like yours.
Funny how this topic came up, this morning my passenger airbag light came up. What did you to do fix your issue?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts

Somewhat. My front SRS symbol (red guy with the airbag in front of him) comes on intermittently. Awkwardly, I brought it in, and they said it might be interference from my cell phone!?

Then again, I've had my car for over a year -- and the only time I've seen it happen is in the past month or two.

I have to bring it in when the light is on, for them to actually diagnose the problem. Thing is, everytime I go to Honda, the light doesn't turn on, even after an hour or so of driving.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
The light will come on if there is a decent amount of weight in the passenger seat... but not enough to set of the seatbelt alarm.

Ah yes I think i just stumbled across this as well... on my way to work I had my laptop+bag on the passenger. I'm going to assume that my car detected a "small child" sitting in the seat and turned off the airbag for safety. The airbag light turned off as i tested it without my laptop+bag on it... :)

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Ah yes I think i just stumbled across this as well... on my way to work I had my laptop+bag on the passenger. I'm going to assume that my car detected a "small child" sitting in the seat and turned off the airbag for safety. The airbag light turned off as i tested it without my laptop+bag on it... :)
thats exactly how i had it figured out. i had my laptop there and noticed the light. then i took everything out of the car (my belongings) and the light went off. i start adding things back and i noticed it go on when i put the laptop back on the seat. :thumb:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fixed today....$232 if I DID NOT have the warranty. $0 since I did. Lucky too because I have 32,900 miles so I am nearing the end :(

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
I washed my car one time and the window was cracked slightly, I think a little water got in and then that light came on. It went off after ahwhile though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very unlike Honda?

Think again. This is classic Honda quirkiness. As a former TL owner, those cars were plagued by this for years! I hope it doesn't repeat in my Si because it was very frustrating in my TL. Both the actual SRS light and the SIDE AIRBAG OFF lights would come and go on their own in my TL and I was never able to get it repaired. OPDS and how it works is common knowledge if you have owned a Honda in the past 8 years. So Dealers trying to tell you it was "just your bag" or "just your phone" are full of it. The system has had glitches from the get-go.

On the whole, though, it's easily repaired and I've never heard of anyone actually having to pay for it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you think a Honda Civic is quirky try owning something like a Saab....hell even my G35 Sedan was as quirky as you get. The traction control would engage then the light would "stick" on and not go off until i shut the car off. Not to mention the random check engine lights that would be on when they felt like it...

·
Registered
117 Posts
<thread derailer>

Honda is ordering me a new Steering wheel Airbag to fix a peeling honda emblem on the front; am I gonna have any future troubles if people see that I've had my airbag replaced?

</thread derailer>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts