8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for pics and feedback on this exhaust. I don't see to many people with buddyclub except for there header which i allready have installed paired up to my stock exhaust. Please tell me if there is any fitament issues or any reason why i shouldn't get this exhaust. Power gains? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
I have the BC Pro Spec exhaust on my FG2 in combination with the BC RH. It is loud, maybe not as loud ask Skunk2 but it is loud and the car has a deeper throaty note for a 4 cylinder. I like to say it sounds like a pissed off bee. It is not tinny sounding. However, at first start/idle when the car revs at 2k it will be a little annoying in terms of the sound, but htat is only for 30 secs. I really like it and it is high quality.

If you do need one Ben let me know.

·
Registered
522 Posts
i have the pro spec as well.. start up sound levels were louder then i thought but the car sounds great. not bad driving around town or the highway.. sounds so bad ass at WOT. deep sound.. weighed in at 19lbs against the stock 29lbs. welds are perfect.. silencer doesnt do a damn thing. on a 1-10 scale....

sound level: stock 3, pro spec 6-7
quality: stock 6 (sloppy welds), prospec 9 (havent seen better yet)

Getting header as soon as i get a better price then whats floating around now. thmotorsports (got exhaust from) quoted me 730 shipped.. not bad but trying to squeeze out a little more value.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the BC Pro Spec exhaust on my FG2 in combination with the BC RH. It is loud, maybe not as loud ask Skunk2 but it is loud and the car has a deeper throaty note for a 4 cylinder. I like to say it sounds like a pissed off bee. It is not tinny sounding. However, at first start/idle when the car revs at 2k it will be a little annoying in terms of the sound, but htat is only for 30 secs. I really like it and it is high quality.

If you do need one Ben let me know.
Haven't quite made up my mind yet, but i can tell you when i buy an exhaust i will buy from Excelerate. I bought my bcrh from there and Customer Service is excellent.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
It will change to a golden/bronze color once it burns in. When I had it modded to fit the FA5 I had the muffler shop cut out that section where it reduces & add the extra 2" length there. I didn't understand why BC would put a reducing section on the b-pipe but after I had it modded it was a straight piece of piping.

·
Registered
522 Posts
i was wondering the same thing.. in my mind i thought maybe to increase velocity or help with noise reduction? the welds there are nice as hell so its not an after fact.. its gotta be there for a reason.

oh, thanks for that link 02civicsi.. i bought it!

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Who knows it may have to do with the way the exhaust pulses? Another thing I wondered is why they put the reducer in that particular spot.

Nice, glad I could help. Just take your time getting the OEM manifold out of the little opening.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've been wondering about the BC,too.I like the look,but but have been trying to get an idea of how it sounds as far as quality of sound,not volume.The vids are worthless as everything sounds the same.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I had the BC Pro Spec but I sold it a couple of months ago. Just wasn't loud enough for me. Like Skandal57 said quality is top notch just like the BCRH.

Skandal57, there is a BCRH for sale for $650 shipped & it's located in Jax, FL.
FS:Used BCRH - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
Are u freaking kidding me? It had the BC Pro Spec but i sold it cuz IMO it was too loud. Like i was getting sick of it especially on long trips ..(and i did a lot of late night driving and my familia wakes up everytime i pull in). But it did sound great.

Vidz (these have been posted in many threads):
YouTube - Buddy Club Pro Spec Exhaust for 07 Si
YouTube - Buddy Club Pro Spec Exhaust for 07Si (daily driving)

Pics: Do a search...they are EVERYWHERE!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.