8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for drag radials to put on my aftermarket wheels. they're 17x7s enkei j10s with 225 width yokohama avs es100s on em. i was looking around but it seems like bfg's dont have the right size that would fit and the only company i've seen with a comparable size is nitto, but their comparable size is 245 width, would this fit my rim and would it clearence the wheel space?? i was thinking 245 might be too wide??? also, i think mickey thompsons got some drag radials as well, does anyone know what they're sizes are ??

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
i have bfg's for the track but, im ganna have to say that 245 tire will not work on a 7 inch wheel....i may be wrong but im pretty sure its just to big

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think some dd their drag radials but not many being that drag radials dont last long. from what i know, they dont last long because they grip so well. as far as being worth the money, oh yeah. especially if u like to race w/ alot of launching. from what i've heard and some researching, bfg's and mickey thompsons grip the best but last the least long. as for nitto, the grips a little less but longevity is longer. i've heard good stuff about hoosiers as well. those are all good from what i've heard. i dont think u can lose with any drag radial. there all gonna be better than street tires.

anyone run drag radials as there DD street tire? longevity? worth it?
sorry to thread jack.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Im looking at getting some Nitto drag radials that are 245/50 R16 There saying reccomended tire size is 7-8.5 some I hoping these will fit on a set of 16x7 inch wheels I have. This is going to be a drag only set-up so does anyone think these will work?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.