8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been struggling finding a rim I like for my TW FA5. I see everyone getting 17's and 18's. Is there anyone with just 16's? other than stock?

I think 16's would look great with a good drop like mine...I know most of you will think I'm nuts :dancing:

I'm not even totally sure what wheel I would get just yet, even if it was a 16" will, but it would be something with black spokes and a nice polished lip...like rota gt3/drag dr-16 and some Falken RT-615

I would end up getting 215/45 tires for the falkens...yeah I know my speedo will be 4.1% off with that...but I don't care that my speedo shows 60mph when I'm going 57...it could only keep me from getting a speeding ticket ;)

Here's some photoshopping I did

With and with out wheels to see the difference

·
Registered
786 Posts
I wanna see more 16" wheel pics on our cars too.

I think they look great btw, and it's what you want, I say go for it

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Not only will your speedo be off but you'll accrue miles faster on your odometer.

I'm sure this won't be your only set of wheels like your EP3.:biggrin:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Not only will your speedo be off but you'll accrue miles faster on your odometer.

Are you serious?????? LOL it wont change anything with the speedo. Lx modles have 16's. And what about people with 18's there speedo and odo are off too???? LOL:thumb:

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
im riding with 04 rsx wheels that are 16's. im rolling with a 55 profile tires i believe. and the profile on stock si wheels are 45 i think so im not sure about that whole mileage thing. when i clean the gunmetal paint off that the last douche of an owner put on the wheels, i'll take pics. but i think they look sexy as hell. its funny how i think they look better than my stock Si wheels, yet they're my winter beater wheels. i got them for $300 with new tires. they were painted gunmetal but the guy didnt prep the wheels, so the paint rubs off and the wheels are completely mint underneath. i just need to powerwash them.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
as long as you make up for it for example - stock is 215/45/17 as long as you get 215/55/16's your speedo wont be wrong

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
i thought about this for sooo long...but didnt really know what to do b/c i change my mind on wheels every week..lol but i would go 215/50 for sure...45 is ganna make the wheel and tire look really small

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

yeah, you're right, that would add on more miles, but not by much....not like I would care though :p I'd have to go with a series tire I wouldn't like to keep it about the same diameter.

I was hoping someone had pics :(

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks man, those are nice, but I'm not wanting to spend that much money. I used to buy works, they are by far my favorite rim, but I don't want to spend that much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts