8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
They are firmer than TEIN Basics or SS but are comparable to something like the TEIN FLEX or K Sport. If you're looking for a daily driver setup your best bet would be the TEIN SS and setting the damping on the softer settings.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i've been riding on these for a month. when i first got them i set them on full hard to see what they were like- it was really rough. now i have the front 9 clicks out from full in. and the rear 8 clicks out from full in and they ride ok for commuting. High speed damping- like when you hit a pot hole -sucks though. they do squeak a little. i'm riding on 18's with falkens 452 225/40. depending on your choice of tires your ride can be greatly affected.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
^^^ if you want more rotation out of your car, there should be a bigger gap front to rear than what you have.

It seems that the Japaneses suspension manufactures love to have to much high speed damping. Flex's are the same way. Its also a sign of a cheap damper. A good damper will have lots of low speed damping for handling and little high speed damping for ride quality. Japan must have the best roads on the planet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.