8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically, they said the Mugen SI was a tad slower than the last SI coupe they tested, heavier, did worse on the skidpad, and ran an $8100 premium over the regular SI. They summed it up by saying anyone with common sense would take the $30,000+ and just get an Evo or STI.

I'd have to agree...I love our car but it's definitely out of it's league in the low $30,000 market, Mugen accessorized or not...

Agree/Disagree?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I love the way the Mugen Si looks, but I would rather stick with my Fiji Sedan, but if your a car collector, the Mugen would be a good car to have simply because of its limited production, in 20 yrs that car will be worth alot, especially it stayed original and was never driven.

so yea i agree

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I think it is funny that it does worse on the skidpad because it supposedly has high performance tires and sportier suspension. I totally agree that $30,000 for a Civic Si with a few exterior modifications is way too much.

It would have to have increased performance to make any sense for that kind of money. Even then it is out of the price/performance bargain zone that the Si is in because you can get much more powerful cars for that price.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
They summed it up by saying anyone with common sense would take the $30,000+ and just get an Evo or STI.

I'd have to agree...I love our car but it's definitely out of it's league in the low $30,000 market, Mugen accessorized or not...

Agree/Disagree?
I agree as well, however $30,000 can no longer buy a EVO (£27,499 [European market]) or STI ($34,995) these days...

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
car and driver never gives our cars any respect (Mugen or the fg2/fa5)

:yeahthat:

I have a mugen, And I drive my Friends regular Fa's all the time, they drive my car. All of them Love the suspension and the responce the car has and of course the exhauste! If you have the money for the car buy it for the convenience of not having to spend the money to buy all the parts seprate.

If I wanted and STI Or an Evo (Both great Cars) I would have paid up the ass on insurance. So eventhough its expensive I like having a car I dont see on the rode as much as STI and Evo's.

I pay 254 a month for mine, so I feel like I got a great deal and my insurance went down 60 bucks every 6 months!:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
ive driven the mugen before and i agree with Angelsi06 the suspension is much better. seeing the mugen in person definetly changed my mind about it. its a beautiful car. i just wish it came in black :biggrin:

·
Registered
346 Posts
:yeahthat:

I have a mugen, And I drive my Friends regular Fa's all the time, they drive my car. All of them Love the suspension and the responce the car has and of course the exhauste! If you have the money for the car buy it for the convenience of not having to spend the money to buy all the parts seprate.

If I wanted and STI Or an Evo (Both great Cars) I would have paid up the ass on insurance. So eventhough its expensive I like having a car I dont see on the rode as much as STI and Evo's.

I pay 254 a month for mine, so I feel like I got a great deal and my insurance went down 60 bucks every 6 months!:biggrin:
254 a month?!?!?! Your down payment must have been nuts :thumb: good for you!

·
Premium Member
5,966 Posts
Basically, they said the Mugen SI was a tad slower than the last SI coupe they tested, heavier, did worse on the skidpad, and ran an $8100 premium over the regular SI. They summed it up by saying anyone with common sense would take the $30,000+ and just get an Evo or STI.

Agree/Disagree?
yeah thats not right, considering most of that extra $10k ya blow is for the improved suspension, tires & wheels. I dunno what C&D is smokin...

from ROADandTRACK.com's Mugen Si road test:

"From a performance standpoint, the Mugen-ized car's improved suspension allowed it to post an impressive 0.92g in our skidpad test versus the 0.87g we achieved in a stock Civic Si sedan tested back in our June issue."

·
Registered
770 Posts
I guarantee if you put the KDWs on the Mugen and replace them with the stock all seasons on a stock si it would at the least match .92 on the skidpad...im gonna try it now lol...my next tire will be the RE070 and with those I guarantee I will at the minimum get .92g on the skidpad.

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
ive driven the mugen before and i agree with Angelsi06 the suspension is much better. seeing the mugen in person definetly changed my mind about it. its a beautiful car. i just wish it came in black :biggrin:

I wish it came in black or White! But the blue is OK for now!:biggrin:

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
254 a month?!?!?! Your down payment must have been nuts :thumb: good for you!
I traded my 06 SI Hab Red, gave me 17K for it. After i stripped all the good stuff from it. haha:laughing:

·
Registered
781 Posts
I saw so many people talking about the insurance on a EVO or STI...did anybody actually check it?
I did...and my insurance company is giving similar quotes for all three of them.(Yes the SI=EVO=STI)

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
I saw so many people talking about the insurance on a EVO or STI...did anybody actually check it?
I did...and my insurance company is giving similar quotes for all three of them.(Yes the SI=EVO=STI)
Insurance rates are diff in every state for every car. It also depends on the driver history.I have a "safe driver discount" and "multy car discount" through state farm and it would have gone up 75 Bucks a month:SHOCKED:
So I opted for Saving!(So I can mod :laughing:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts