8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to test it out. I have a feeling that the stock header is just as good as most aftermarket headers. The removal of the cat is what makes 99% of the power.


If you find one holler at me. I will be the test car!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,469 Posts
xxbodkinxx said:
I would love to test it out. I have a feeling that the stock header is just as good as most aftermarket headers. The removal of the cat is what makes 99% of the power.


If you find one holler at me. I will be the test car!
Friends have a custom test pipe.

Yes it give you more power because your eliminating the cat. But most headers out there are better then the stock one. Except the Shorty Headers would be like having a stock one pretty much, so why buy it?:laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
true but the cost of just the test pipe is worth the extra power that it frees up, however spending that much money for a header isnt worth the few extra hp your goin to free up once the cat is removed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,628 Posts
i got plans of doing this but im affraid of the check engine light , i bought the pipe allready just need to weld it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,019 Posts
i made one out of 2.5" pipe, and it wasnt much louder at all, but gave a little more pep in the top end. i took it off when i made my new exhaust system for my supercharger and threw it away. if i would have read this earlier, i could have gave it to you with you paying shipping. sucks. but it is worth the time, only cost me 6 bucks for a stick of 18"long 2.5" galvanized pipe and $5.50 for an additional bung with de-fouler to keep that evil CEL away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,628 Posts
TeamValorRacing said:
i made one out of 2.5" pipe, and it wasnt much louder at all, but gave a little more pep in the top end. i took it off when i made my new exhaust system for my supercharger and threw it away. if i would have read this earlier, i could have gave it to you with you paying shipping. sucks. but it is worth the time, only cost me 6 bucks for a stick of 18"long 2.5" galvanized pipe and $5.50 for an additional bung with de-fouler to keep that evil CEL away.

explain pls , how can i get rid of the cel???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
defouler places o2 sensor further away from your exhaust i believe and so when it checks o2 it gets a reading that won't flag CEL. so basically defouler = only way for no CEL w/o cat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,019 Posts
slow4drsi said:
explain pls , how can i get rid of the cel???
it puts the emissions o2 farther out from the pipe to "cut back" on the amount of exhaust gas passing around it and keeps it at its normal reading like it was when it was in the cat.
-you buy 2 spark plug defoulers. bore one out so the o2 can screw into it, then screw that whole thing(o2 and bored defouler) into the other defouler(one with little hole on the end that you didnt bore out), and in-turn, screw that whole unit(o2->bored defoul->non-bored defoul) into the o2 bung in the exhaust........<--- i said that all in one breath btw. LOL
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,469 Posts
TeamValorRacing said:
it puts the emissions o2 farther out from the pipe to "cut back" on the amount of exhaust gas passing around it and keeps it at its normal reading like it was when it was in the cat.
-you buy 2 spark plug defoulers. bore one out so the o2 can screw into it, then screw that whole thing(o2 and bored defouler) into the other defouler(one with little hole on the end that you didnt bore out), and in-turn, screw that whole unit(o2->bored defoul->non-bored defoul) into the o2 bung in the exhaust........<--- i said that all in one breath btw. LOL
:eek:hsnap:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top