8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have this problem, where my left axle is leaking oil and makes a clicking sound everytime i turn. at first i thought it was the steering making the clicking noise, but (stupidly) i didnt take it to the dealership immediately. I installed eibach sportlines on the car a while ago. (the clicking began a few weeks after i got my car, and before i put on the springs)

I took it to diamond honda in puente hills, and i showed the asian lady service manager "connie" the clicking noise when i turn the steering wheel. then i saw her put down on her computer screen "steering diagnostic" and "engine diagnostic"

a worker came and drove my car away, a few minutes later, connie tells me that they are not going to fix my car because of aftermarket springs. they clearly did not even bother lifting up my car to check whats wrong even though the lady put STEERING and ENGINE diagnostic. i thought she was either lazy or incompetent, but yea i know its my fault for not taking in the car in before i put the springs on. but its clear the axle is broken before. now the lady has voided my suspension warranty.

anyone know which dealer I can find better luck? thanks

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
IMO, none. All dealerships will say the same thing once they notice your suspension has been changed. I'd say take it to a local mechanic, have him figure the problem out and why, then take that info back to the dealership.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IMO, none. All dealerships will say the same thing once they notice your suspension has been changed. I'd say take it to a local mechanic, have him figure the problem out and why, then take that info back to the dealership.

I have taken it to a mechanic, he was the one that told me the axle was the problem. the problem with the dealership is that they are skeptical, they don't believe me when i tell them the clicking noise happened before the springs were put on

·
Banned
909 Posts
wat they are doing is illegal. they have to prove it that ur spring have caused this. i cant remember the name of the law that states this, but if some1 here knows it, post it up, so the OP can print it out and show it the the stealership

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
cv boot get it fixed right away.

for me, fladeboe in irvine has been ok. i got a CEL a little bit after i installd my exhaust and they replaced a faulty O2 sensor under warranty with no noise about my exhaust. but then when i complained about rattles, they said that because im running aftermarket wheels which are 1" wider and tires which are performance tires and 10mm wider the ride quality is reduced which causes the rattles. ROFL at any tire under the sun giving a worse ride than OEM performance or not.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hello everybody,

I'm Brian from Norm Reeves Honda Cerritos. If there's anybody else with a situation like this please give me call and I'll ask my coworkers for some favors.

-Brian K
562-833-5271

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Hello everybody,

I'm Brian from Norm Reeves Honda Cerritos. If there's anybody else with a situation like this please give me call and I'll ask my coworkers for some favors.

-Brian K
562-833-5271
brian ftw:woot::woot::thumb::bighug::kisssmiley:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts