8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6x9...is there such a size??? well, im new to this speaker thingy..but im planning on replacing the stock speakers with Polk speakers...

Thanks for the info again:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay...is there a way to replace the 6x9, with ROUND speakers? because i hear that ROUND speakers have Better SOUND Quality....

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I don't know who told you that. Really you get what you pay for. There will be 6x9's that will sound better than a 6" or whatever. You'd have to modify the car to get different sized speakers in there. What size do you want to put in? Or are you looking for bass?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just heard that from a forum awhile ago...so since im a rookie i tend to go with what people say....
but yea...im just looking to replace the stock speakers, so i guess whatever size the stock speakers are then i'll replace them with the same size...
and the bass, i already have a woofer coming so that's taken cared of...
Another thing is will the stock DECK be able to hook up an AMP and cross overs and all that fancy stuff, or would i need to replace the stock Deck too???

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
round speakers can produce better sound then oval or square

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
Go 6.5 in the front, and the tweeters are generic 1.1" I believe. Keep 6x9 in the back, you don't notice the difference between a $600 set of 6.5" and 6x9"s. Take out the 8" free air sub in the back and just box in a 10" or bigger enclosed sub. Free air subs are weak, and aren't very good if you want to go big with your sound system. If you want a moderate sound system, you can keep the free air 8" spot and replace the sub with a JL audio free air. I hear their free air subs are one of the best around.

Also, you might want to consider JL audio's clean sweep if you want to keep your stock navi/stock HU. It acts as a signal processor and GREATLY improves sound quality.

unplugged mentioned square speakers. I'm not going to name any names, but Kickers are notorious for HORRIBLE sound quality, but really hard bass. So if you want cheap, hard bass, which I doubt; go with those. If you don't want to sound like a dumb N****R, then I suggest avoiding them at all costs. :)

Summary:
1.1" tweeters
6.5" fronts
6x9" rears
8" free air sub (don't replace with 8" sub designed to be enclosed, it'll sound like ****)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so the back speakers are 6x9's?
i order polk 6.5's to replace the back and the front...would there be problem installing them???

also i ordered polk 12" woofers for the back and they are already inclosed so i think im going to just leave the 8" be...and switch it out another time...im sure that wouldnt mess up the sound quality..

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Celcius said:
Go 6.5 in the front, and the tweeters are generic 1.1" I believe. Keep 6x9 in the back, you don't notice the difference between a $600 set of 6.5" and 6x9"s. Take out the 8" free air sub in the back and just box in a 10" or bigger enclosed sub. Free air subs are weak, and aren't very good if you want to go big with your sound system. If you want a moderate sound system, you can keep the free air 8" spot and replace the sub with a JL audio free air. I hear their free air subs are one of the best around.

Also, you might want to consider JL audio's clean sweep if you want to keep your stock navi/stock HU. It acts as a signal processor and GREATLY improves sound quality.

unplugged mentioned square speakers. I'm not going to name any names, but Kickers are notorious for HORRIBLE sound quality, but really hard bass. So if you want cheap, hard bass, which I doubt; go with those. If you don't want to sound like a dumb N****R, then I suggest avoiding them at all costs. :)

Summary:
1.1" tweeters
6.5" fronts
6x9" rears
8" free air sub (don't replace with 8" sub designed to be enclosed, it'll sound like ****)
i stick with round speakers.. like i said - they produce the best sounds

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
also, i don't know of any aftermarket 8" subwoofer replacements that will fit. I tried a regular round 8" kicker and it was way to deep

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
unplugged said:
also, i don't know of any aftermarket 8" subwoofer replacements that will fit. I tried a regular round 8" kicker and it was way to deep
I believe JL audio's 8W3 model fits. It's a free air sub, so it would work as a direct replacement. It's not worth the troublr IMO though. If you want hard hitting bass, 8" free air isn't going ot cut it.

Since you want to keep 6.5's for the back, you can probably just buy a conversion mount for it, or have the installer do it for you. I'm guessing it['ll be cheap. Making 6x9 into 6.5 is easy compared to making a 6.5 into a 6x9 spot.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
yo i thought the rear ones were 5.5?? the ex coupe has 5.5 in the back i seen them then the 8 inch in the middle... i thought the si would be the same.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts