8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So these are definitely the rims i want to get. I can't afford the real deal Works and the Rota D2's are just kinda cheap. So now i have a question for you guys...

-Im buying these new from Tirerack in 17x8's and +49 offset

-Anyone know if any other offsets will work?
-Anyone know what size lip I can expect from a +49 offset rim?

-These rims should have somewhat of a lip because of just the way they are but if anyone can inform me id appreciate it :thumb:

-Heres a picture of the rims just to show you guys...This rim style has def. been seen around in this forum fo sho! Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey peenoy do you know what offets would work for me? im dropped on tein flex's...and yes i wanna do the most agressive i possibly can! thanks

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Who cares if they're not works. They're still good quality rims. I don't know much about offsets but I saw this Si on the forum with a 40+ offset on 17x9. It looked SICKKK

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
You should buy my Meisters...haha. REAL DEAL cowboy :p

These are 18x8 with big 2.25" lips

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
Speed stars today aren't JDM like the Speed stars used to be. SSR used to be multi-piece and forged, NOT CAST. The also used to be made in Japan and be rare rare rare. There are so many replicas it's not even funny.

SSR's and D2's are replicas of the first, WORK Meister....Long ago, however, WORK has remained true to it's roots, and remained a custom, Forged, multi-piece racing wheel, that is still used in JGTC and circuit races today.

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
Taken from an official JDM SPEED STAR RACING Distributor, GRUPPE-S:

Speed Star Racing wheels sold by Gruppe-S are inherently different from Speed Star Racing wheels sold by Speed Star Racing USA and its affiliated distributors, including Tire Rack. SSR wheels sold by Gruppe-S include JDM finishes and styles not available in the United States, and must be warranted by us.

Available in Silver, SBC ($75 per wheel), Black, and Super White
Additional sizes/fitments available.

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
The reason why his wheels aren't "real", is because they are CAST remakes of the "REAL" JDM 3-piece SSR Professors. His SSR's are one piece made to "LOOK JDM", and "LOOK like they are 3 piece, when infact, they aren't. That is why.
His wheels are a product of SSR USA, not to be confused with SSR of JAPAN.

Nonetheless, his wheels are nice though.

SSR USA : Professor SP1 Black

·
Registered
532 Posts
I get it. Same company, different manufacturing process. Real or fake? I guess thats really in the eye off the beholder.

I'll just call them different. Thanks for the insight on their differences.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts