8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so heres the story. my sister moved to tampa, bad crap keeps happening to her. first her radio in which they just ripped up the dash(>$250 damage) then she gets her car stolen and reports it. the car is a 2000 electron blue pearl si. beautiful car. well the cops find it later after they report to an abandoned car call....
turns out these people stripped her car. whats interesting is that everything they took, was an si exclusive part.
the car was left on its brake calipers(took the wheels)
all the ground effects---gone
leather shift knob---gone
front grill---gone
speakers---gone
both front seats---gone
they slashed up the back seats trying to get to the trunk,
and of course smashed the windshield
i wonder if the rear si emblem is gone tho??

lol
well they towed the car, what was left at least to the honda dealer, the honda dealer wanted nothing to do with it and told them to take it straight to the junkyard. truth be told it was pretty beat on anyways over the vtecing.

needless to say
:Mad:
that car was like mine, i have the 06 fiji si coupe. kinda worries me. this is 2nd time her wheels were stolen. and no offense but our cars are a big improvement. steering wheel lock may be in my future, or something down the line.

I'm Trying to find all the main websites that people would sell this stuff on. As much of stuff that they took and the addition that they practically knew what was unique on the si leads me to believe they know their stuff and will probly go online.

If anyone could list a few good sites. Florida related or what not, Id appreciate it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
parts

ebay is one big possibility......you can set up searches to keep an eye on whatever parts you want within a certain radius.........will let you know when new stuff is listed.

·
Banned
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Demonis said:
they took all the si exclusive parts... but not the b16? hmmm can anyone say 'stupid theives'?
yea, it was high mileage anyways, but the car was found like a day later so i dont think they had enought time.

Englishe30 said:
Damn you live in the ghetto?

no man, lol, im on the east coast of florida my sister moved over to the west coast to tampa. big city thing i guess...

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
professionals could have stripped that car in 1 hour....
That's true. But seriously it doesn't seem like they're professionals or amateurs because all they took were just SI parts. Thieves will strip the car to bare bare metal. And the motor a day is a lot of time. It's not that hard to take out a b16 w/ the proper tools, if they know what they're doing w/ the right tools they could take the motor out in an hour or two hours max.

·
Registered
463 Posts
taking a motor is easy when you are stealing it. You cut almost all the wires and hoses, all you really care about is motor, tranny, and maybe the ECU. Not hard. (No i have never done this, but it doesn't take a genius to know that)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
its not hard to remove w the right tool set. i think they took the car, took a while w the rear seat and figure no time for the engine. they still have to dump the car somewhere. also that color stands out not enough time to do much without getting some attention if done on the street.

sorry about your/ your sis loss. i had my engine stolen before, i spun a bearing so i rebuilt the whole bottom end everything was new, and got the head ported. should of pushed nice power in that GSR well 3 days before i went to install it someone broke into the garage and stole the block and head.
i lucked out that i still had the internals for the bottom end but had to go into the process in rebuilding the next engine.

·
Banned
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea guys, thanks for all the input. really appreciate it. she kinda wanted a new car anyways, she was lookin at the civic, but really wanted 4drs and auto, and the new altima is very nice and roughly the same price for the 4cyl vs the ex. but i think she likes the look of the new civic, hopefully a new member on the 8th.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts