8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone here in the ATL know how to professionally polish my civic? I can see a lot of swirls in the sunlight. I do not have a buffer. I looked at some prices online and they are ridiculous. I was hoping to find someone here that knows what they are doing but would not charge as much as everyone else. How much should I pay for this kind of service? Thanks!

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
I'm looking for the same thing, once this damn watering bad gets lift I can wash and clay bar the car. Not sure what else you can do besides that for cheap.

Is that your Mugen? if so were you in Stockbridge today, on 138??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep..that was me. I can't believe how fast these Civics really are. The car seems to rev- out a bit longer than my S2000 did. I wonder if there are other Atlanta Mugens on this board.

I'd really like to use a buffer (I hear Porter Cables are the best) but I am afraid that I will burn the paint. I think a solid polish once a year with protective a sealant reapplied every month or so would give me the results I am looking for.

I'd love to find someone on this board that can do the job or show me how to do it myself.

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
Same here, I have no clue how to do it myself, and I dont want to try and royally F up my paint. Once it warms up I may just wash my car at a DIY place and clay bar it at home. I dont trust myself trying a high speed buffer. Do you live in stockbridge? If you do I gotta meet you somewhere, I want to see that mugen in person.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had it washed once since I got it. The swirls were already there when I took delivery from the dealer. The swirls are not bad...just very subtle. I have seen polish jobs that take away the swirls..even in direct sunlight.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in Dunwoody but used to live in Stockbridge. I still make trips down there occasionally to get my haircut. A good barber is hard to find. I'll drop you a line when I plan on going there again and let you take a look at the car. Talk to you soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts