8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We moved here 4 years ago and this water heater has been nothing but trouble. It's a brand new house. It always shuts down and flashes a red light. We've had the guy come out 3-4 times and he hasn't been able to fix it. He's replaced some electrical components, the pipe going to the outside and some other things I wasn't aware of. Any ideas here? I hate power cycling this thing everyday.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
power cycling?? is it electric? i dont know ne thing bout electric but it might be worthwhile to replace it with a gas one

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
if he cant get a new water heater, i dought he can afford that one. Is there a warrent on the waterheater? How much does it cost to have a repair guy come out every few weeks compared to how much a new waterheater would cost? It may pay off in the future.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
pockings said:
:1: Tankless is the way to go.
those are amazing....installed one at my moms...works better with an aux tank IMHO...this is so that in the winter ur not trying to heat very cold water from out of the ground...sort of helps in heating

·
Registered
196 Posts
anavrin351 said:
if he cant get a new water heater, i dought he can afford that one. Is there a warrent on the waterheater? How much does it cost to have a repair guy come out every few weeks compared to how much a new waterheater would cost? It may pay off in the future.

Doubt***.....sry...all better now :thumb:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my electric water heater (as far as the red flashing light). I had to contact Whirlpool and they sent me a new electric board. They actually sent me two, and I can take a picture of it if you want (I have no idea what make/model your heater is).

The problem went away after that. But...you already said some electric parts were replaced so maybe that was already done?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts