8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I tried searching and it cane up empty. But I was wondering if any of you guys did the Koni Yellow inserts. I was thinking of going with coilovers but I already have the ProKits and from what I've heard the ProKits and Koni Yellows are a great match. Not too worried about slamming it or anything just want a solid suspension that rides nice and has proper travel. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The only question I see in your post is if anyone has installed Koni inserts, yes. I had Konis with Pro-Kits and handling improved a lot, ride was like stock with the shocks at full soft.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Gonzo did a whole DIY on how to install the inserts.

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I have installed them. My thread is a stickied one if you want a comparison and some photos etc.

Damn noob mods. :giggle:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/suspension-brakes/151529-koni-front-insert-installation-overview.html
rofl..I tried searching and nothing came up 3 times. I gave up. lol...I also never come into this section because I've spent every last second in the turbo section and every last second playing with my kit. I put suspension on the back burner until now.

But thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
lol, KONI only sells the FA/FG application in this method only.

When all said and done, really not alot of work like everyone thinks.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
really, damn. just seems like some work and yet your still using your stock stuff. how do these compare to tokico?

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol, KONI only sells the FA/FG application in this method only.

When all said and done, really not alot of work like everyone thinks.
Yea. After seeing what needs to be done it's actually pretty easy. They make it so easy with that hex bolt on the bottom. I'm definitely going with KONI inserts. For ~$550 from Corsport for inserts and rear shocks it's a sweet setup. I already have the ProKits so I'm halfway there. And I have a brand new spring compressor at work.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i did this. not too bad, just need the right tools and xtreme thunder is a huge help just read through his thread. i matched mine to hfps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts