8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any folks in MN w/ the hondata reflash? im just curious because im looking to do this mod pretty soon. also, if u do have it, any chance ur looking to sell and trade ecu's. worth a shot for me and anyone whose looking to go back to stock ecu.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Liu had it done, but he moved to Illinois to go to college. BTW, there is a meet next Sunday-11/11/07. You could talk to all the guys that plan on going. At the moment, I don't think any of the guys have the Hondata.

If you are looking for someone to do the Hondata, John at Full Blown motors can take care of you. He did the Hondata for Liu.

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh sweet, thanks. and yeah, i'll check my schedule and see if i can make it to this meet.

NitrousG35 said:
Liu had it done, but he moved to Illinois to go to college. BTW, there is a meet next Sunday-11/11/07. You could talk to all the guys that plan on going. At the moment, I don't think any of the guys have the Hondata.

If you are looking for someone to do the Hondata, John at Full Blown motors can take care of you. He did the Hondata for Liu.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
xdreamhonda said:
you dont know me...i just know u from seeing u on here and on mnsport...but im a hawj too....cools..
What's a "hawj"? Never mind. I think I just found out. nyobzoo

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh, ok, thats kool man. we must be related somehow. nice to meet u. what do u have done to ur civic? do u know anyone looking to get rid of their hondata reflash? laterz.

xdreamhonda said:
you dont know me...i just know u from seeing u on here and on mnsport...but im a hawj too....cools..

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
do the reflash im going to do it soon, it gets ride of the stupidest thing on our car, the dumb rev hang. thank god for cali emissions.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
do the reflash im going to do it soon, it gets ride of the stupidest thing on our car, the dumb rev hang. thank god for cali emissions.
Are you planning on doing the Hondata on a stock motor? If so, you will lost power rather than gain power. Hondata is designed for an intake, header and cat back exhaust as well as other mods like cams. Hondata would be a big waste of time on a stock motor.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah guys, as with what nitrousg35 and VQ power said, the hondata reflash does require that you have at least a minimum of either an intake or a header. im not sure if u guys are aware of my thread i posted a couple weeks back but here are my results. this would be very beneficial to anyone who is thinking about doing aftermarket or oem replacement cams.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63471

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
i wish i could make it but i gotta study for an exam this up coming week as well as practice for a presentation. so much work. good luck on the meet and i hope it turns out good.
C'mon bro. Show up just to meet everyone in Bloomington. You don't have to take the cruise. BTW, where did you buy your Si?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
man, i wish i could so bad, will see what happens. i actually bought mine from brookdale honda over in brooklyn center. at the time, i wasn't actually looking for the fg si since it was so hard to find when they first came out but somehow they had one at the time. i was lucky and now here i am.

C'mon bro. Show up just to meet everyone in Bloomington. You don't have to take the cruise. BTW, where did you buy your Si?

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
man, i wish i could so bad, will see what happens. i actually bought mine from brookdale honda over in brooklyn center. at the time, i wasn't actually looking for the fg si since it was so hard to find when they first came out but somehow they had one at the time. i was lucky and now here i am.
The reason why I was asking is because there are two salesman at Hopkins Honda who are Hmong. I bought my FA5 from one of them. Both guys are absolutely fantastic and are real gearheads. One has a highly modded RSX-S and the other has had many extreme Civics with turbos and nitrous.

After I got my FA5, the dealership got another one in just like mine. My son and I were at the dealership having some service done. We walked around the lot and spotted a FBP FA5. It had a sold sign on it. The owners name was a Hmong name. A few minutes later, some of the lot guys came to move the cars. One of them was the FBP FA5. This idiot started up the car and immediately began revving the motor, engaging VTEC each time. He then dumped the clutch and burned rubber out of the parking spot, all on a cold motor.

My son and I reported this jerk to the manager and a few minutes later, she was outside reaming him out for his stupidity!

·
Registered
718 Posts
You can't hit vtec at a stop. The ecu won't let you.

and I got mine from the guy with the RSX-S at Hopkins, Jon Vang I think his name was.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts