8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone hit the 11's in the quarter mile yet, of course this would be nonsponsored, aka (ajp shop car). Daily driven applications only. Lets see those times slips guys & gals :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
i think the all jap car did run an 11.9 and broke something a long while back

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Roger is gonna hit 11s with me in the back seat screaming like a little girl.

Just like me coming back from PFS in Frederick, MD on Saturday. Swift took a IS300 that made 826/640 and I drove back with him. Talk about sheeting in your pants. The IS hit 60-135 in 2 seconds.

Looking forward to taking you for a ride.:biggrin:

Good luck solving that, but if you do you might get rich off it:biggrin:. FWD car's with the power needed to hit 11's will have traction problems period. I guess you could invest as much to try to control it though.

yup
Well.. In the process of spending money already, so what's an extra few dollars to figure out tractions issues.. hopefully the Drag slicks will help. Need to break my axles next to get them repaired!!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Well.. In the process of spending money already, so what's an extra few dollars to figure out tractions issues.. hopefully the Drag slicks will help. Need to break my axles next to get them repaired!!

You will get there man no worries....slicks are certainly a good start.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
AJP's car is a DD, and I wouldn't really say it's sponsored. Ron pays for everything that's done to it, I think they got a set of tires for free once. Otherwise it's just like ours, with 539whp...

Whenever I decide to take mine to the track, I probably won't post the results here b/c of crowd that this place nurtures. So I'm sure that others have done it, but aren't talking about it:)

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Whenever I decide to take mine to the track, I probably won't post the results here b/c of crowd that this place nurtures. So I'm sure that others have done it, but aren't talking about it:)

hmm ok. I highly doubt it, but if you think people are secretly running 11's in their DD 8th gens that's great. I guess you mean by "crowd that this place nurtures" is referring to people who know better, and don't fall for stupidity including times posted with mods that don't support.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Some slicks, good track conditions, a turbo, tuning solution, a stiff rear suspension, and an experienced driver will get you into the 11's. But we seem to be missing one of those things but I can't quite put my finger on it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts