8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does it compare to the SI. I sat in one at an auto show over the weekend and it felt SO right. The shifter felt perfect and seemed like it had shorter throws then my Si. I just want to know if there is a big difference in performance between the two.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
With my mugen quickshift the si feels better than stock s2k. and also the s2k takes tighter turns, but the car is short so thats what you would expect. I dont really see a big difference between the two.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts

I got one. My s2k tranny feels more purposeful and refined compared to my Si.

I got something else to compare it to as well. :laughing:

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
:word: It's 10-15k more than an Si, but an S2000 is more expensive in insurance and parts, for starters. However, not only does it have more power but much, much more aftermarket support than any FG2/FA5 does. Definitely worth it IMHO, you only live once. If you can afford it, do it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Of course theres a difference buddy. Why do you think its 25 grand more?
The s2 is a sports car, while the SI is a economy car that is sporty.
I was looking for more then the obvious reason. RWD, a little more horses and torque, but does it handle THAT much better, does it accelerate THAT much better? That's like telling me the difference between the coupe and the sedan are the doors.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Ex S2K owner here. The difference in handling and acceleration is night and day difference. BTW the only difference between the coupe and the sedan are doors....and the sedan handles and looks better....oh yea...it weighs a tad bit more.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
I was looking for more then the obvious reason. RWD, a little more horses and torque, but does it handle THAT much better, does it accelerate THAT much better? That's like telling me the difference between the coupe and the sedan are the doors.
Acceleration no, not that much better. It handles way better, car feels planted to the floor compared to my Si. Why don't you just try driving one?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Yah go test drive one for yourself, dont ask questions that dont really solve anything.
And the s2 is over 52 grand here in canada. The SI is 27K .
Or, do you want us to say that the s2000 isnt any better the the civic SI, and to save your money , it aint worth it. I bet that made you feel good. Haha, kidding.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
If you're looking for a substantial difference in power and as well as great handling, why don't you just look at the 350z? More power/TQ than an s2000 and handles just as well (if not better).

Just my .02 :wavey:

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
The 350z beats the S2k around the track without issue, I'd say that it shows some sort of equality in the handling department.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Buy one used for the same price as an Si if not cheaper. Lots of them out there, theres bound to be a few in good condition. s2ks are truly sick though, I kinda regret getting an si now. RWD + hot sexiness!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
S2000's are getting so outdated. I saw a first gen one the other day, and it looked old as heck. Also, i didnt realize how tiny it was too. It looked just a tad bigger then a miata.
Id go with the 350z if you want a car with balls. If you want a precise type of car, go with the s2.

·
Registered
70 Posts
These days you can pick up a boosted s2k for a rather cheap price with reasonable reliability especially if it's supercharged. Having driven 350z and s2000, there's a night and day difference. S2k feels tighter, more nible and predictable. I sold my s2k because I grew tired of it as a daily.

00' ap1.. not old as hell IMO

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yah go test drive one for yourself, dont ask questions that dont really solve anything.
And the s2 is over 52 grand here in canada. The SI is 27K .
Or, do you want us to say that the s2000 isnt any better the the civic SI, and to save your money , it aint worth it. I bet that made you feel good. Haha, kidding.
No I'm just curious to see if people thought it was money well spent. I'm sure it is better in some way but is it 5-10k better? Just wondering and people are saying it is. When I sat in it I wanted to drive it but I don't think the people running the car show would have been happy about that. My question looks like its been answered so i guess asking questions really did solve something.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts