8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was thinking of getting a compustar...but might not really need it...

anyone else here use a club. I was thinking of getting one as a visual deterrent.

advice?

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
I've heard their useless. THey can be removed with a hacksaw. Rarely to you see them anymore.

Just spring the money to get a better alarm. You get discounts on your insurance for that as well. The club can't fetch you a discount.

·
Registered
41 Posts
every once in a while I see a car with a club on the steering wheel.
honestly, I think it works only because the thieves are laughing so hard that they forget what they're doing.

anyway, a good alarm system should be a much better investment.
and I have heard good things about the Compustar systems.

·
Registered
923 Posts
My dad swears by the Club, puts it on even if we just leave the Highlander for a few minutes. Honestly, I only find it useful if you're willing to hide in the backseat and whack thieves with it.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
i saw an epsiode of CSI once where a guy made the club into a shot gun and killed someone with it .... so maybe you could make one of those and hide in the back seat and pop the theives ass lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
club just means they'll have to cut the steering wheel too. If they are planning on stealing your car, the club isn't going to stop someone who knows how to start your car with the keys. Cutting a steering wheel doesn't take as long as we all would hope.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Use it every night. Pretty much every other car where I live (Philly) has one on too. They do provide some level of deterrent and added security against car thieves. They also show that you are security conscious, and there is less likely a laptop in the glove box, so don't bother breaking the window, move on to the next car.
With the stock alarm, engine immobilizer and club, I have piece of mind. Always wanted some kind of security system that would injure the car thief, like I don't know a good shock or retractable boxing glove to the groin.

Had a pos Chevy Celebrity wagon years back, that thing was stolen twice in a matter of weeks and in one of those instances was used in a drive by. Car was found in North Philly burnt to hell. The perps-a 13 y/o and 14 y/o.

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
I would give up one of my arms for my car to be stolen and burnt....I know it sounds dumb but I have replacement insurance until oct this year.

I can handle picking up a new civic for 500 bucks.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I use the club. I use it for somebody who is runing from the police and is looking for a quick steal. He's gonna go get the car that requires less work (without the club). Who the heck is running from the police, while carrying a hacksaw?

If the person specifically targeted my car, nothing is gonna stop him.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I would seriously get the autolock than the club. The autolock you could use it to lock the clutch or brake pedal and they're more harder to cut than a steering wheel.

Another thing I don't like about the club is that it show's that you're hiding something on/in your car that you don't want to get it stolen.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
i live in a ghettoish place.. so i use a club every night.. ive had 2 bikes stolen from me.. and one was sitting right by my garage that is behind my house.. no alley..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Jardiniboy, it doesn't show that you are hiding something, it shows that you don't want your car stolen! The autolock has no visual deterrant.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Jardiniboy, it doesn't show that you are hiding something, it shows that you don't want your car stolen! The autolock has no visual deterrant.
Are you sure about that? Not everyone thinks that way. A thief may think other wise. By adding a club which makes it visual, it might mean that you don't want you car stole because you have something in it.

Seriously when you go around in parking lots, when was the last time you saw luxury cars with the club

And the autolock is way better than the club.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts