8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I'm always thinking about what my next car will be...I was really set on the Evo for a while, but I hate the styling and they're very common...

Which led me to the Supra...Not very common, cool styling, and MASSIVE potential...

The price isn't too bad either...well...25k or so for a 97 TT, 6MT...

My questions are regarding upgrading:

I did a bit of searching last night and saw 1025 hp kits for 10k...The kits come with a new turbo (I guess to switch over to single turbo), ECU, injectors, cams, etc... Link to said kit here: http://www.suprastore.com/stag7upkit10.html

I assume this type of kit can not really be ran on a stock motor?

What motor upgrades would need to be done?

Also...and this is one hell of a long shot, buuuuut...does anyone know of a way to go AWD?

BTW: this car will NOT be a DD...I plan to keep the Si for that
Thanks all!:thumb:

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
the only thing i know about supra is that they have a 2jzgte vin, and a MK4 motor. i sure that the supra motor came with turbo cams and stuff but about that kit you just mention, i'm not sure if you can use it on the stock motor, 1000 horse power is too much for a stock I6 motor, even on a NSX.

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 2jz motor handles mods quite nicely actually. Thats why you see so many of them that have like 800 hp.
:word: That's why I want one...Arguably the best production engine produced

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As far as the AWD, I have never heard of anyone doing it.
If I wanted insane power and AWD I'd go evo or Skyline
Ya, well...with Motorex out of the game getting a Skyline is near impossible...and I don't like the looks of the Evo...If I can't go AWD...oh well..just curious...

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
So, I'm always thinking about what my next car will be...I was really set on the Evo for a while, but I hate the styling and they're very common...

Which led me to the Supra...Not very common, cool styling, and MASSIVE potential...

The price isn't too bad either...well...25k or so for a 97 TT, 6MT...

My questions are regarding upgrading:

I did a bit of searching last night and saw 1025 hp kits for 10k...The kits come with a new turbo (I guess to switch over to single turbo), ECU, injectors, cams, etc... Link to said kit here: http://www.suprastore.com/stag7upkit10.html

I assume this type of kit can not really be ran on a stock motor?

What motor upgrades would need to be done?

Also...and this is one hell of a long shot, buuuuut...does anyone know of a way to go AWD?

BTW: this car will NOT be a DD...I plan to keep the Si for that
Thanks all!:thumb:
There is a Supra in the world that has 1000 hp on stock internals. I don't remember which one it was, but it was possible. It isn't necessarily smart to run that much, but it is possible. My friend's NA-T Supra is currently on 700 hp on stock internals. Idk how much farther he is planning on pushing it.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
There is a Supra in the world that has 1000 hp on stock internals. I don't remember which one it was, but it was possible. It isn't necessarily smart to run that much, but it is possible. My friend's NA-T Supra is currently on 700 hp on stock internals. Idk how much farther he is planning on pushing it.
that's crazy, haven't heard much about stock supra motor with 1000hp+, but that' is just insane.:SHOCKED:

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I suppose you could just run it until it breaks and then buy a built engine...These engines aren't that expensive...

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I suppose you could just run it until it breaks and then buy a built engine...These engines aren't that expensive...
Cheapest I found a 2jzgtte is 6 grand that is a "new" used motor. That isn't cheap at all.. Hell, sr's and certain rb's aren't even that much.. But since I am reading what cars you consider, I suppose that is pretty cheap..

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The full built race motor is like 27 from what I hear.
I've seen them from ~10k-30k...all depends on what you want...I would be considering this car to be a long term project...due to the obvious costs involved...

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheapest I found a 2jzgtte is 6 grand that is a "new" used motor. That isn't cheap at all.. Hell, sr's and certain rb's aren't even that much.. But since I am reading what cars you consider, I suppose that is pretty cheap..
Damn...I swear I found a few lightly used ones for 2-3k...Places that build motors charge 2k for the core (block only)

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Damn...I swear I found a few lightly used ones for 2-3k...Places that build motors charge 2k for the core (block only)
Holy ****, you cannot be serious. 2-3000 for a 2jz? Is that the entire motor set? I have never ever seen something that cheap, and trust me, I have been on a **** load of diff sites/places that sell JDM motors. I used to be all into the 240 thing (i am still a bit) and I was always looking for sr's and right next to sr's would be 2jz's and I have never ever seen them that cheap.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.