8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i need a summer tire. good enough to handle si w/ i/rh/e on occasion and good in rain as im florida. dont want to spend too much, as practically anything will be better than the stockers. unless a $200 tire lasts extra long or something im looking at tires under $115 each

choosing from:
kumho spt----$88
falken fk452----$112(tires plus)
general exclaim uhp----$76
even kumho mx isnt too pricy----$109
G-Force t/a KDW 2----$137

anyone that can point me in the right direction?

also 215 or 225 on stock si wheels?

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
I've always liked Kumho but have never tried the others on the list. I have stp's now. Highrev1 fit 245s on a stock wheel but they were R comps and he used ether to put them on.

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
I have the SPT's. They are a pretty good tire, great value for the price. They have nice grip overall, accelerating, braking, and cornering. Pretty predictable tires as well. The sidewalls have some flex but they are waaaaay better than stock allseasons.

They are also very good in the rain from my experience which is an added bonus.

I gotta say though lately they haven't been liking the cold too much but seeing as A. They are a summer tire and B. You live in Florida I don't think you'll find any issues there.

Tirerack has customer reviews as well as their own tests which are helpful. Consumer Reports also recently did a tire test that included quite a few performance tires if you can find that in print or online. I do recall they liked the Nitto NeoGens, which you should definitely look into. My dad got a set for his car recently and he likes them. Definitely step up from his Brigestones. The Nittos also look really cool which is an added bonus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.