8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have any instructions to install an fn2 shift boot?

Iv tried searching and contacting companies who sell them various times.

I bought an fn2 shift boot a few years back and at the time asked the company I bought it from for the instructions to install they said they would provide but never got anything back.

Fast forward to now and I found it in a box in the garage and decided to try and install it. Decided to try again and ask another company that sells the boot. And got no response from either. I'm purposely not mentioning these companies because I dont wanna throw anyone under the bus. Just looking for some insite.

Has anyone who has installed one have any pointers the can lend? Iv seen them installed but no how to's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Iv tried searching and contacting companies who sell them various times.

I bought an fn2 shift boot a few years back and at the time asked the company I bought it from for the instructions to install they said they would provide but never got anything back.

Fast forward to now and I found it in a box in the garage and decided to try and install it. Decided to try again and ask another company that sells the boot. And got no response from either. I'm purposely not mentioning these companies because I dont wanna throw anyone under the bus. Just looking for some insite.

Has anyone who has installed one have any pointers the can lend? Iv seen them installed but no how to's.
EDM FN2 shift boot and FD2 shift knob https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187679

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm assuming I have to swap the ring that secured the boot. but the fn2 boot also has 4 elastic pieces on it that loop on the fn2 securing ring to keep the boot in shape. The fg boot and ring does not have these.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm assuming I have to swap the ring that secured the boot. but the fn2 boot also has 4 elastic pieces on it that loop on the fn2 securing ring to keep the boot in shape. The fg boot and ring does not have these.
Was gonna say take the 2 apart but not sure if it would fit the Si's shift boot ring

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would try calling icbmotorsports if you haven't already. They sell them online and they may be able to help with instructions on how to install it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
|Gianni|
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing