8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see night shots of any of the AVN5510 or AVN6610 in-dash nav units in the civic.

I tried to google, but nothing. I only ask because i'm not sure if i'm gonna dig the green buttons, but the D3 doesn't seem to have all the great features as the AVN5510. So i'm in for a toss. I just like the interior, especially the dash - to be as OEM as possible.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Looking to see night shots of any of the AVN5510 or AVN6610 in-dash nav units in the civic.

I tried to google, but nothing. I only ask because i'm not sure if i'm gonna dig the green buttons, but the D3 doesn't seem to have all the great features as the AVN5510. So i'm in for a toss. I just like the interior, especially the dash - to be as OEM as possible.
You don't like the Pioneer AVIC-D3?? For the most part on Crutchfield it was given great reviews and you can even change the colors to match the car's interior. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't like the Pioneer AVIC-D3?? For the most part on Crutchfield it was given great reviews and you can even change the colors to match the car's interior. :thumb:
Well the thing is, the bluetooth unit has really bad reviews compared the the one that Eclipse uses (Parrot).

I believe others have said the Eclipse unit processes the navi data a lot quicker as well as a few other things I can't think of off the top of my head right now.

However, the D3 does color match, but I guess what i'm saying is, I rather pay a bit more for features/quality over color match in the end.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If the green really bothered you, I've noticed that the buttons don't illuminate on many eclipse AV units unless you connect an illumination wire...That being said, even when glowing they're not really bright and obnoxious and I doubt it would be that troublesome...

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i got it installed now and doesn't bother me as much as i thought it would have. The D3 is nice, but the BT add-on was rated horribly.

·
Registered
434 Posts
yeah i got it installed now and doesn't bother me as much as i thought it would have. The D3 is nice, but the BT add-on was rated horribly.
So, now that you got it installed, would you post some pics of it ? I am installing mine in a couple of weeks, and I got curious how it will look!!!

Congrats on your NEW UNIT!

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i will take some pics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts